Royal Mail fulltime

Hi everyone. Hope everyone is well.

I’m just wondering if anyone here works for Royal Mail fulltime and if so is it paid weekly or monthly for HGV drivers?

Would ask them the question but it’s going to be awhile before I see them.

Thanks in advance

Jax

Monthly Pay.

nightmail:
Monthly Pay.

Thanks.

Sorry I am not employed by RM but an agency driver. The Artic drivers are salary pay so should be monthly, not sure about 17t drivers. The 7.5t drivers i’m sure are paid weekly.

LGV drivers monthly paid, 17t and above
MGV drivers weekly paid, 7.5t

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Does anyone work for them full time on the class 1s.?

Can anyone divulge what the works like, hours, pay etc…

Nkh22:
Does anyone work for them full time on the class 1s.?

Can anyone divulge what the works like, hours, pay etc…

Do you actually have a job offer from them, or is it someone you are considering trying to work for?

If the latter, good luck with that :slight_smile:

Not me personally but, my pal has an interview in a few weeks for them.

I’ve said it’s got to be a good gig, as they hardly ever recruit full timers.

Nkh22:

I had assessment for them. Hence why I posted this question on pay frequency.

They’re pretry strict. I ■■■■■■ my assessment up. Not driven for awhile and I forgot to put tacho in. Drove out onto main road and failed assessment instantly. Stupid error which had maybe cost me a good job.

Only place I’ve gone for an assessment and interview and been bricking it. Any other place I’ve been to I had no nerves at all.

JaxDemon:

Nkh22:

They’re pretry strict. I [zb] my assessment up. Not driven for awhile and I forgot to put tacho in. Drove out onto main road and failed assessment instantly. Stupid error which had maybe cost me a good job.

Only place I’ve gone for an assessment and interview and been bricking it. Any other place I’ve been to I had no nerves at all.

Oh mate, sorry to hear that. Where was your assessment.? Did you get any info on pay, rota etc. What was the interview like.?

Nkh22:

JaxDemon:

Nkh22:

They’re pretry strict. I [zb] my assessment up. Not driven for awhile and I forgot to put tacho in. Drove out onto main road and failed assessment instantly. Stupid error which had maybe cost me a good job.

Oh mate, sorry to hear that. Where was your assessment.? Did you get any info on pay, rota etc. What was the interview like.?

Didn’t make it to interview lol. Northampton NDC.

The pay from advert was 31k for 36h week. Didn’t get to find out any other info as assessment is before interview. They never advertise though. The guy said its a new thing they’re trying out.

Cheers for that mate, my pals interview is at Hatfield NDC. £36k pro - rota with enhanced payments for unsociable hours. I’ll tell him to make sure he puts his card in :wink:

Nkh22:
Cheers for that mate, my pals interview is at Hatfield NDC. £36k pro - rota with enhanced payments for unsociable hours. I’ll tell him to make sure he puts his card in :wink:

Haha.

Nkh22:

He has either been misinformed or not understood what he was told.
The 36k will include the unsociable hours payments. The basic is less than 36 even for the London office drivers who have the highest base salary.
36k is still easily achievable.

m1cks:

Nkh22:

The 36k will include the unsociable hours payments. The basic is less than 36 even for the London office drivers who have the highest base salary.

He’s just sent me this, I’ll leave him to decide.

Salary:

Class C+E – Outer London £36,498 per annum pro rata

36 hours 15 minutes. Full time. LGV Driver roles require flexibility to work a variety of shifts across a 24 hours per day - 7 days a week shift system, this also includes working weekends and bank holiday.

Additional Benefits

Shift Allowance for working unsocial hours
Holiday entitlement starts at 22 days on entry increasing with service (pro-rata)

Nkh22:

m1cks:

Nkh22:

Salary:

36 hours 15 minutes. Full time. LGV Driver roles require flexibility to work a variety of shifts across a 24 hours per day - 7 days a week shift system, this also includes working weekends and bank holiday.

Additional Benefits

Holiday entitlement starts at 22 days on entry increasing with service (pro-rata)

Doubt he’ll ever leave. 45-50k a year job for some people who do like 45-60h per week. The overtime rate was like £19ph. Decent pension and other benefits. Blokes have been there years.

Funny though because I’ve heard they’re strict. You get 25 mins to do checks and leave the yard. No check sheet either to mark off.

JaxDemon:

Nkh22:

m1cks:

Nkh22:

Salary:

Additional Benefits

Doubt he’ll ever leave. 45-50k a year job for some people who do like 45-60h per week. The overtime rate was like £19ph. Decent pension and other benefits. Blokes have been there years.
eek out
Funny though because I’ve heard they’re strict. You get 25 mins to do checks and leave the yard. No check sheet either to mark off.

Mates been told he’s got the job today. £21ph as he’ll be what he called a reserve. Seems he’s happy with that and not doing the same route week in week out. Said he spoke to a couple of drivers there and they confirmed what you said about a £45-£50 a year. Good luck I say.

Nkh22:

JaxDemon:

Nkh22:

m1cks:

Nkh22:

Salary:

Additional Benefits

eek out

Mates been told he’s got the job today. £21ph as he’ll be what he called a reserve. Seems he’s happy with that and not doing the same route week in week out. Said he spoke to a couple of drivers there and they confirmed what you said about a £45-£50 a year. Good luck I say.

Good luck to him. 50k is achievable easily. Personally I think reserve is the best duty to pick but that all depends if your duties are allocated to you by the admin or if the driver gets a choice of what’s available to cover (it’s different for each VOC)

Do you work for them then mate. If I wasn’t waiting for a date to start another position think I would have put my cv in. :smiley:

I guess they offer a fairly decent pension at a place like royal mail?