Royal Mail Class 1 Induction

I have an Induction tomorrow with Royal Mail for Class 1, anyone done one recently? Any idea what to expect, been told it will be about 6 hours. I assume there will be some driving in there somewhere.

Cheers

The induction is likely to be about 30-60 mins long. The rest of the time will be a duty. Where are you going to be working out of?

m1cks:
The induction is likely to be about 30-60 mins long. The rest of the time will be a duty. Where are you going to be working out of?

It’s the Tyneside depot on Team Valley at Gateshead.

Get us some stamps while your there please. I just spent £16 sending Xmas cards !!!

No wonder to the share price is so high !

Stockies:
I have an Induction tomorrow with Royal Mail for Class 1, anyone done one recently? Any idea what to expect, been told it will be about 6 hours. I assume there will be some driving in there somewhere.

Cheers

You will probably be there 2-3 hours and drive for about 45 - 60 minutes of this time. You will also have to drop and pick-up the trailer.
The other time will be going through paperwork, H&S, etc.

Remember to do a good walk-round and to check the oil and water first.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the replies, well was there about 5 hours yesterday, loads of form filling, then an assessment drive, full walk round check including levels first then out on the road. Back to the yard, reverse into a bay with half a dozen drivers standing watching, drop and pick up the trailer then a debrief on the drive. Back to the office, more paperwork then some time spent learning how to operate the double deck trailers.

Anyway I am now cleared to drive Class 1 and first shifts booked through the agency for this weekend. All in all really pleased, trainer was great, made a real effort to make me feel at ease and some really positive comments about the driving, couple of minor points he said could be improved on but felt that those would improve with a bit of experience and that really he was just nitpicking.