Royal Mail Assessment

I have an assessment at the royal mail next week , I have 1 six hour rule infrigement on my digi card would Ifail the assessment because of this infrigement.

No.

I did one about 18 months ago on 7.5 tonne / class 2 for the peak period before Christmas (on agency). It was a paid assessment, my card was downloaded and my card was inserted for the drive. Obviously it is an opportunity to see any historical infringements still showing and the assessor was fully open about the fact that he had had a look. It probably depends how much they need drivers and how many people they have coming in for the position(s). Having said this, a six-hour rule infringement wouldn’t be the difference between getting work and not, it would be more about your drive, how you present yourself and your attitude. One six hour rule infringement is nothing and could happen to anyone.

No idea if they persisted with the on the road part during the restrictions. It actually used to be the case that it was more like an induction on agency, with a short drive around the yard only. This changed only in the last few years. On the most recent occasion there was also a short quiz which I don’t remember previously.

Depends, if its for an agency place probably not. But if its for one of there recently advertised permanent jobs expect it to be used as against you if they need to cull applicant numbers. Where is the job based?

hi job based at east mids airport

I don’t know what the deal is with a permanent position. I made the point about getting paid for the assessment because it seems to justify asking you to put your card in for the drive (and downloading).

I don’t know if RM would ask you to insert/download for a permanent position. I don’t really think they could (or should) because candidates will usually have an existing employer and your current work could be thrown into disarray and indeed your existing employer could potentially find out you are looking elsewhere or may question hours on the card if there is an agreement not to drive elsewhere. That is not to say asking you to download and insert your card could not happen at RM or elsewhere. It is kind of similar to companies asking for your NI number for the licence check; it is not what is supposed to happen.