Rowntree's Delivery Fleet York and London

Hey Guys.

Does anybody have any pictures of the old Rowntree’s delivery fleet? Looking for the old chocolate livery with the gold writing? any Info on the old fleet I would appreciate your help.

Thanks.

NMU

I don’t have any pictures of Rowntrees vehicles. I have lots of memories of bagged sugar deliveries into York and Fawdon from Tate and Lyle Silvertown, and also Greenock.
In those days everything we carried was on a flat trailer and had to be well sheeted. At that time I worked for Waughs N/cle so our sheets were always decent. The problem
was we carried soap for P&G regularly and the smell was sometimes an issue. The sheets were always given a good lookover by the shunters at Silvertown to make sure they
also were dry as well as odour free. If I knew i was loading at T&L I tried to take another set of sheets with me but this was not always possible. I must say I never had a knockback
getting loaded at Silvertown, but time it took to get on a bay was another problem. The Fawdon (N/CLE) factory was a great tip for us as the shunter there was one of our old drivers
the late (and great) George Fearns. At that time my kids were small (1970s) so they were excited if they knew I was going to Rowntrees. Happy days!!! regards Kevmac47

Kev.

Thank you, It was good to read do you remember Silver Roadways based next door to T/L at Silver Town, those were good old days, It’s a shame the old companies have gone, that’s why I am trying to keep the memories alive, thank again.

NMU

NMU:
Kev.

Thank you, It was good to read do you remember Silver Roadways based next door to T/L at Silver Town, those were good old days, It’s a shame the old companies have gone, that’s why I am trying to keep the memories alive, thank again.

NMU

Yes NMU I do remember Silver Roadways we often loaded there, it’s funny how sometimes you could load in a crack and othertimes it took ages.
But I have to say they were an easy load to sheet. Can you imagine a modern driver having to climb on top and spread the sheets?? The H&S
brigade would have a fit!! Regards Kev.

Kev.

Wind rain snow wet sheets wet ropes, It would not work today would It, thanks again.

NMU