Route to madrid

Hi all
Not been to spain for about 8 years now,can you help me with the best route to take from Irun to madrid,I think I am tipping around the airport area,but not sure yet.
Any help would be grateful, thank you.

With or wIthout ADR ?

Will be going without ADR
Cheers

I think Madrid and Irun are in the same place they were eight years ago.

george3:
I think Madrid and Irun are in the same place they were eight years ago.

Always get some bright spark on here :exclamation: I never said I had done madrid before i used to do Barcelona area,I only asked for help with the best route to take down from Irun to Madrid :question:

Buy a map then.

I wont waste my time and reply to your sarcasim mate :laughing: ,I thought this forum was for info and help not stupid remarks. :slight_smile:

Edited by me

Over the border at Irun and immediately turn off and take the N121A up to Pamplona after going round Pamplona take the A15 towards Madrid/Zaragoza after goin through the 2nd of the 2 cheap peages you will see the turn off for Madrid and it turns in to national road follow this through Cintruenigo on the N113 and just on the far side of Agreda you turn left on the C101 towards Olvega, Gomora and Alamazan,just before Alamazan you turn left on the N111 which will take all the way to Medinacelli where you turn right on to the A2 which will take you down past Guadalajara to Madrid

george3:
That’s a bit strong coming from someone who claims to have 20yrs Euro experience, asking directions to Madrid from Irun.
Every post you have made has been about where you can find a Euro job or something I would expect from a total novice.

If you stop pretending to be something your not…

which makes you Mr perfect ? not everyone knows the fastest and quickest route to everywhere

Thanks for that Vascoingles.
I am ignoring the other poster to my thread,like you said he must be Mr perfect.
Thanks again for the info.

There I was going to be all helpful, and scouring through me notes ,last used in pre-satnav 1999,before I retired; when Vascoingles.who I know is the man with the top quality info.especially in Spain, stepped in and stole me bid for fame. :frowning: :frowning:
Nice one Vasco. I couldn,t have been scuppered by a better man than you. :laughing: :laughing:

I,ve just been reading through some of your earlier posts George. There seems to be a strong hint of sarcasm running through quite a few of them.As there is, in your responses on this thread. Problem is, I,ve found them all to be very amusing; me having a warped sense of humour.Calling a spade a spade , is summat I find very refreshing in this PC age. :smiley: :smiley:

Vascoingles,what is the name of the small village with the public swimming pool,village with big speed bumps in it.Restaurant opposite,for some reason,sat nav dont show a pool,when you enter that in to the sat nav menu,normally come through at night,when it is shut.On the shortcut road to Madrid,Alamazan way.

toby1234abc:
Vascoingles,what is the name of the small village with the public swimming pool,village with big speed bumps in it.Restaurant opposite,for some reason,sat nav dont show a pool,when you enter that in to the sat nav menu,normally come through at night,when it is shut.On the shortcut road to Madrid,Alamazan way.

might it be Agreda ? not been driving now for 2 years so you do tend to forget some things

malmaz:
Thanks for that Vascoingles.
I am ignoring the other poster to my thread,like you said he must be Mr perfect.

Don’t worry, he’s new, he’ll get the hang of it sooner or later.

toby1234abc:

not sure where you mean toby as there are no towns with speed bumps between AP15 and A2 :question:

Vascoingles:
Over the border at Irun and immediately turn off and take the N121A up to Pamplona after going round Pamplona take the A15 towards Madrid/Zaragoza after goin through the 2nd of the 2 cheap peages you will see the turn off for Madrid and it turns in to national road follow this through Cintruenigo on the N113 and just on the far side of Agreda you turn left on the C101 towards Olvega, Gomora and Alamazan,just before Alamazan you turn left on the N111 which will take all the way to Medinacelli where you turn right on to the A2 which will take you down past Guadalajara to Madrid

Vasconingles what are the roads and hills like on this route, and is it really better than sticking to the motorway route Via Burgos as it doesn’t seem a great deal shorter when I put it into Autoroute?
I’m not doubting your knowledge, just want ot know if it’s a good alternative when I go down to Jerez later in the year. :smiley:

muckles:

Vascoingles:

Vasconingles what are the roads and hills like on this route, and is it really better than sticking to the motorway route Via Burgos as it doesn’t seem a great deal shorter when I put it into Autoroute?
I’m not doubting your knowledge, just want ot know if it’s a good alternative when I go down to Jerez later in the year. :smiley:

the route that vasco mentioned is more popular with the spanish as the hills are smaller, less peages, more parking and shorter mileage.
i use it all the time as the burgos route has quite a few big mountains on while the N121 only has the one from sunbilla to pamplona.
if you are going to jerez though from irun the shortest, quickest and cheapest route is the “ruta de la plata”
from irun to burgos then follow the signs for palencia, valladolid, salamanca, merida then sevilla. good flat easy route all the way and over 90% is motorway plenty of good restaurants along the side on the old road as well.

welshboyinspain:

muckles:

Vascoingles:

the route that vasco mentioned is more popular with the spanish as the hills are smaller, less peages, more parking and shorter mileage.
i use it all the time as the burgos route has quite a few big mountains on while the N121 only has the one from sunbilla to pamplona.
if you are going to jerez though from irun the shortest, quickest and cheapest route is the “ruta de la plata”
from irun to burgos then follow the signs for palencia, valladolid, salamanca, merida then sevilla. good flat easy route all the way and over 90% is motorway plenty of good restaurants along the side on the old road as well.

Thanks will look into that route if only to make a change from the normal Burgos, Madrid, Seville. I assume, like other routes in Spain, there are plenty of road side hotels, guest houses.
Whilst I’ve hijacked this thread :blush: Sorry Malmaz :blush: which would be the best way to get from Faro to Bugos or Irun. We are at the new Circuit in Portugal for our last race of the year, coming straight from Monza and then home. Cheers. :smiley:

that route i’ve mentioned muckles is the way all the portugese come across spain. flat and free :smiley: so from faro just head up towards salamanca and then stay on motorway all the way to burgos