Route to Hereford

Working this Monday, 1st drop Hereford, coming from the north by M6.
I do know how to get there, but to you guys that regularly use the road from M56 via Chirk A5, …Would you say that it would be a quicker route than M6, M5, to Worcester and then cut across, due to the roadworks and traffic on the 2 M.ways.
Think I’ve made my mind up to go via Chirk, but interested to hear opinions…Cheers guys.

If it was me Rob I would go straight down the A49 by the time you got to chirk you’d virtually be at Shrewsbury

I always head down the middle, find it a much easier run. If heavy, the A44 from Worcester is a bit of a ball-ache…

M6 > M54 > A5 > A49

Providing you will be lower down than jct 16 M6 before rush hour as it can clog up after 8ish between jct 19 - 17 due to the narrow lanes and average speed cams.
I always find its easier to come into Hereford via the back entrance (that’s what she said) via the A49.
Just to consider also the A49 is closed until 6am (overnight works) between Shrewsbury and Church Stretton.

xichrisxi:
M6 > M54 > A5 > A49

:open_mouth:

The Sarge:
I always head down the middle, find it a much easier run. If heavy, the A44 from Worcester is a bit of a ball-ache…

Me too, I take any chance I get to avoid motorways in favour of a nice scenic A Road run

M56-A49

switchlogic:

The Sarge:

Me too, I take any chance I get to avoid motorways in favour of a nice scenic A Road run

3rd’d.

If you’re peckish, there is a Starbucks and McDonalds on the A49 at Whitchurch. Or Starbucks and BK at Battlefield (A49 Shrewsbury). I think you can get a costa ‘on the go’ at Church Stretton.

Just remember when heading to Hereford, don’t stray from the path…

:grimacing:

Chinook. That’s what we used…

el_presidente:

switchlogic:

The Sarge:

3rd’d.

If you’re peckish, there is a Starbucks and McDonalds on the A49 at Whitchurch. Or Starbucks and BK at Battlefield (A49 Shrewsbury). I think you can get a costa ‘on the go’ at Church Stretton.

Forget all that modern cr*p. Use the proper cafes, like the Midway and the Lazy Trout!

Thanks for the input lads I’ll see how things are in the morning, and decide. I never thought of the 49 btw. :unamused: might give that way a go, I’ll see.

Forgot to say need to get tipped and parked up sharp, got a reunion there tmoro night with…‘‘The Regiment’’ :wink:
See most of you there.
:unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

robroy:
Thanks for the input lads I’ll see how things are in the morning, and decide. I never thought of the 49 btw. :unamused: might give that way a go, I’ll see.

Forgot to say need to get tipped and parked up sharp, got a reunion there tmoro night with…‘‘The Regiment’’ :wink:
See most of you there.

I won’t be there,the SAS one ain’t until Octember :smiley:

xichrisxi:

robroy:

See most of you there.

I won’t be there,the SAS one ain’t until Octember :smiley:

Ok, but if you change your mind the chopper is picking us up at the football ground at 2000 hours precise.
See you in The Boathouse. :wink:
:smiley:

robroy:

See most of you there.

You do know the “fan dance” isn’t an occasion to wear your flares and white shoes again whilst busting a groove to Donna Summer?

Will you be the one with a moustache or the one with a moustache? See you there. Keep it on the down low. I’ve got my reunion with the SBS the week after. I’m taking my regimental canoe. For old times sake.

1. Btw. M5 is cack. May as well go slow and enjoy the clement weather.

James the cat:

robroy:

See most of you there.

You do know the “fan dance” isn’t an occasion to wear your flares and white shoes again whilst busting a groove to Donna Summer?

Will you be the one with a moustache or the one with a moustache? See you there. Keep it on the down low. I’ve got my reunion with the SBS the week after. I’m taking my regimental canoe. For old times sake.

1. Btw. M5 is cack. May as well go slow and enjoy the clement weather.

That’s exactly why I failed the ‘Fan Dance’ those platform shoes are no bloody good on mountains, …although I did look rather good in camouflage green and patent leather. :smiley:

robroy:

See most of you there.

I knew and worked with a fella that worked for this bunch. We had a couple of these ex guys floating about it turned out. Very humble quiet chap. Second career into my field. Liked his garden and brewing beers :laughing: We all got completely rat arsed on a stag do and of course the usual groom dressed as a woman, despite being 6ft 4 :unamused: .

emmerson2:

el_presidente:

switchlogic:

The Sarge:

3rd’d.

…and the Lazy Trout!

What does my Mother in Law have to do with this?

Anyhow, anyone know what colour the boooothouse is?

el_presidente:

It’s been re decorated since my last visit. It was fuchsia walls framed by golden architraves set off with a lilac drapery complimenting the mellow hues of the soft furnishings.

James the cat:

el_presidente:

It’s been re decorated since my last visit. It was fuchsia walls framed by golden architraves set off with a lilac drapery complimenting the mellow hues of the soft furnishings.

Clearly you are an ex boot-neck. :grimacing:

el_presidente:

James the cat:

el_presidente:

Clearly you are an ex boot-neck. :grimacing:

It just stuck in my mind like this :laughing: