Route to Forfar?

Apparently my 1st drop Mon. is Forfar ( no idea exactly where ■■ ) running up from N. Yorkshire Sun, so what’s my best route from M74 Glasgow ?
Also. any ideas for parking up that way - i often go up to Perth & Inchture, and sometimes Dundee, and use the old Dundee truckstop, but memory is a bit hazy for Forfar. LOL
Any info gratefully accepted ( as usual ). Leaving around Sun. lunch.

forfars only 15 minute up a 90 stay at dundee or new industral park at forfar by mcdonald s /forfar junction safe enough (1st junction for forfar)

Follow your usual route up to Dundee. From Glasgow that will be M73, A80 following on towards Stirling. Onto the M9 then the A9 to Perth. Across the South side of Perth from Broxden roundabout onto the very top of the M90. Over the bridge onto the A90 and on to Dundee.

Once you reach the Swallow Roundabout at Dundee, carry straight on (going round the roundabout :open_mouth: )on the A90 all the way around the North side of Dundee until you come to the double roundabout with the Shell station on its far side. Turn left onto the road signed for Aberdeen and Forfar, still the A90. Follow this up to Forfar. Forfar will be on your right. It has 3 exits off the A90, you probably want the second one. There’s a McD’s on this junction and it’s the junction with the A94 for.Kirriemuir.

Here is a link to a map of Forfar

been up since 0100hrs si doing my best theres bugger all in forfar settle for dundee truckstop :laughing:

And while you’re up there if you hear banjos get the hell out of town for your own good. Not too many forks in the old family trees in that neck of the woods.

Coffeeholic:
And while you’re up there if you hear banjos get the hell out of town for your own good. Not too many forks in the old family trees in that neck of the woods.

FPMSL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i used to a lot to forfar and load for holland. i cant remember the name of the place but you turn right at mcdonalds and its straight away on the left, and to be honest i used to park in a layby on the a 90 in between forfar and dundee. ( it was always nice and quite ). or to be fair anywhere between perth and dundee.

by the way you will do harrogate to forfar on one card well easily.

scania245:
forfars only 15 minute up a 90 stay at dundee or new industral park at forfar by mcdonald s /forfar junction safe enough (1st junction for forfar)

correct me if im wrong, but is’nt the mcdonalds junction the second one for forfar.?

the first one being where you cross the carriageway to the right.

[quote and it’s the junction with the A94 for.Kirriemuir.

or couper angus

Here
is a link to a map of Forfar
[/quote]

Try a Bridie while you’re there…take a few home :slight_smile:

GlesgaBill:

dont you mean a cornish pasty? :open_mouth: :laughing: :wink:

Churchill:

GlesgaBill:

dont you mean a cornish pasty? :open_mouth: :laughing: :wink:

pmsl :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: this is going to get good.

route to forfar
bit late now though i was talking to a mate of a mate in the boozer earlier on
he rang his mate who asked his dad and apparantley if you take the high road and somebody takes the low road they will get there before you funny thing is after a few pints i cannot remeber the road :smiley:

HAIRYGORILLA:
route to forfar
bit late now though i was talking to a mate of a mate in the boozer earlier on
he rang his mate who asked his dad and apparantley if you take the high road and somebody takes the low road they will get there before you funny thing is after a few pints i cannot remeber the road :smiley:

Best to avoid taking the low road, it means you are dead. Mind you I guess being dead is better than being in Forfar. :wink: :smiley:

Oh hell, now I’ve insulted the people of Fofar. I’ll have patches on my case again. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Its too far to Forfar Fife :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:

You mean

Forfar 4 - East Fife 5 :laughing: :laughing:

Simon:

Wheel Nut:

You mean

Forfar 4 - East Fife 5 :laughing: :laughing:

and it’s goodnight from him …