Route question for the N.E. locals

West side of Middlesborough near A66/A19 intersection to Team Valley turn off with a heavy double decker. Which way? A177 via Stockton and Sedgefield looks tempting and perhaps the most direct route but there’s also the choices of the A689, A181 and A182 too. I don’t know what any of the roads are like so decided not to risk it and instead went A66 and through a village called Harrowgate Hill before joining the A1. :confused:

a689 or a1231 for me, either way you can call in at wolviston :laughing: :laughing: one of my prefered places to stop

stevieboy308:
a689 or a1231 for me, either way you can call in at wolviston :laughing: :laughing: one of my prefered places to stop

Didn’t realise the 689 was a d/c! Just looked it up on street view. Would you go up the 177 from Sedgefield or stay on the 689 to the A1?

Never considered the A1231 actually.

a689 all the way, it’s not dc all the way, i think most of it is, but it’s a good road

stevieboy308:
a689 all the way, it’s not dc all the way, i think most of it is, but it’s a good road

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Rob K:
A177 via Stockton and Sedgefield looks tempting and perhaps the most direct route but there’s also the choices of the A689, A181 and A182 too.

A177, A689, A1(M).

A181 means having to go halfway into Durham to get back out to the A1(M)

A182 involves shuffling through Hetton and Houghton

A689 it almost all dual carriageway apart from about 1/2 a mile just before the A1(M) one bridge but it is 16’3" so not an issue

^^^ this , I’ve been under the bridge with a decker a few times an always slow down a bit lol just incase :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t forget the A689 is plagued with too many roundabouts and the A19 now has a filter lane onto the A1231 with only one roundabout to worry about at Washington.

Or just stay on the A19 north, come off on the A1231 at Washington head across to the A1, as soon as you join the A1 you come off at the next slip for team valley, saves all those roundabouts on the 689

beat me to it waco :smiley:

Remember though, all roads in that area lead to the promised land that is Tyneside. :smiley:

Ken.

chaversdad:
Or just stay on the A19 north, come off on the A1231 at Washington head across to the A1, as soon as you join the A1 you come off at the next slip for team valley, saves all those roundabouts on the 689

beat me to it waco :smiley:

I always prefer this route as its the most direct but its busy entering the A1 from the A1231 in morning rush hour of late. Any other time its easy.

1231 Is by far the easiest and if you’re on the A19 it’s the quickest, too… (if you don’t hit traffic)

A19 then A1231 is the easiest way but there are roadworks everywhere just now. Half of the north east is coned off but most roads are still open