Route into London

Hi,

Just wanted to check a route to E17 6DJ.
I have 2 trips to Walthamstow next week on nights. Both my normal routes are unavailable- the M25 is shut between j23 and J25, and the North Circular is closed for resurfacing at the junction with the A1, after leaving the M1.

Looking at the map it looks like I can do M1, A1, A105, A1055. Does this look okay? I will be running at 14’9”.

I think this is the planned diversion, but I must of missed a sign on Monday night, as I ended up in the night time control area (Seven Sisters Road) - guessing a fine will be winging it’s way to me.

Does the above route look okay, or any other suggestions? I am coming from Manchester.

Thanks

Come off the M1 J7 follow Hertford then Hoddesdon, pick up A10 follow past Totts, then A503 to destination.

Wouldn’t worry too much about previous incursion into curfew… you have to be reported by the spotters. Not saying you haven’t been spotted - just unlikely.

Thanks for that - guessing it will take me over 4 and a half hours, since I’m usually doing the run at about 4 hours 20.
Hopefully you are right about the spotters - it was very busy, full of Arsenal fans, as there match had just finished. Also lots of Deliveroo drivers with a death wish!

I would defo take a 45 at the last motorway services. Screwed if you run out of time down there.

Jingle Jon:
I would defo take a 45 at the last motorway services. Screwed if you run out of time down there.

Although bear in mind that if coming off at J4 the “Last motorway services” will be Toddington, not London Gateway!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Jingle Jon:
Come off the M1 J7 follow A414 follow Hertford then Hoddesdon, pick up A10 follow past Totts, then A503 to destination.

Wouldn’t worry too much about previous incursion into curfew… you have to be reported by the spotters. Not saying you haven’t been spotted - just unlikely.

Thanks for the reply’s.

Keep your eyes open. The A1 has been closed at random with no warning at Grantham. It’s also been closed at J14 for the A14. The M11 is closed from J8 -J7 too.
Good luck.

Do not use billet rd from the crooked billet , run around tottenham Hale. Old folk moan like hell about trucks at night there… billet rd is quiet at night …

I’ve also got to go m25 clockwise from the m1 leaving Hemel Hempstead around mignight heading to junction 30 for thurrock I’ll be running in an artic with 13ft 5inch trailer . I was gonna carry on round on the a414 to the a1 at junction 3 then get on the a1 to junction 4 then follow Hertford road a414 onto Hatfield road then onto hertingfordbury road a414 , then Gascogne way , then onto london road a414 which leads you onto a10 then head south on a10 down to junction for m25 .

discoman:
Do not use billet rd from the crooked billet , run around tottenham Hale. Old folk moan like hell about trucks at night there… billet rd is quiet at night …

Billet Road is okay until midnight, heading back out, but with all the speed bumps down there, I tend to go out the Tottenham Hale way.

TiredAndEmotional:

Jingle Jon:
Come off the M1 J7 follow A414 follow Hertford then Hoddesdon, pick up A10 follow past Totts, then A503 to destination.

That’s right… my fat fingers.

Roymondo:

Jingle Jon:

Although bear in mind that if coming off at J4 the “Last motorway services” will be Toddington, not London Gateway!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Flamstead Truckstop at Jct 9 as well… go to the bottom of the slip chuck a right go under the motorway bridge straight over next roundabout and the truck stop is on your right. May be difficult to park up depending on the time though :'-)