Route Advice

Herongate:
Re - Salisbury & the Wilton bridge, use to go that way sometimes if I fancied a change, the warning signs would always flash that I was over height (14 limit, trailer was 14,2) but it went under no probs)

I used to avoid Wilton bridge by turning right by the Wilton road (where the A30 hits the A36) cut through by the army headquarters and join the A360 heading for the A303 at the Longbarrow roundabout ( not been on straw for a few years though so don’t know if there’s any restrictions now )

bald bloke:
The best way is A35 to Dorchester then A37 to Yeovil then A303 and A 358 to Taunton and the M4 at j 25 and then once you’re on the motorway it’s an easy 50 mins to Severn Beach.

Oh and sorry no low bridges and welcome to TNUK.

I agree with this one… been here 12 years but still remember my way round Britain.

PS … You really need to get a road atlas.

4whatitsworth:

switchlogic:
Straight up! I take the direct route every time personally. I get bored of motorways constantly

This/\ I find myself getting tired very quickly on motorways. Single carridgeway driving keeps me alert.

I’ve been on parts of that road with an artic. It will certainly keep you alert, very snug in places but the upside is the scenery. Would be a bit of a struggle if you’re on the heavy side.

Many thanks for the advice guy’s. looks like the Taunton option. Thanks again. NM :smiley:

Pat Hasler:

What Pat says ^^^ :unamused:

maverick72:

Pat Hasler:

What Pat says ^^^ :unamused:

I have got an atlas and I had also heard the obvious Blandford route was not ideal for LGV.

I have not got an issue of asking for advise if I am not sure, but thanks for your concern.