Route advice please.

Carrying on from my other thread i thought i’d seek some advice, basically off to the Northern end of Lake Como with the wobble box for 3 weeks and instead of doing it in one foul swoop we want to take 3 days to get there and same in return, so will be landing in Calais mid morning on a weekday and If possibe missing the tolls and vignettes would be good as it gives me more beer and wine tokens but this could be offset with higher fuel costs as could be covering more mileage.

So what does we all think ?

I never understood drivers that drive to go on holiday, :wink:
Last year I even left my phone at home :open_mouth:
Mind I don’t think I was in anyway fit to either drive or make a phone call :blush: and I’m not even a proper drinker :laughing:

Either way beer tokens rule and if Erin doors disagrees let her give up her allowance.

nick2008:
I never understood drivers that drive to go on holiday,

Had a couple of non driving holidays last year but I like to mix it up a bit.

nick2008:
Either way beer tokens rule and if Erin doors disagrees let her give up her allowance.

She’s a non drinker so it’s shopping tokens for her.

From Calais head on the free roads to Nancy,Epinal,Vesoul,Besancon,Lons le saunier,Oyannax to Chambery to the Italian border
Now here is the good bit, the Jura region is stunning, Oyannax area has great campsites by stunning rivers, gorges and hill walking, amaxing views, I used the shortcut route in an artic, its marked up as a weight limit but all the Eastern European drivers used it to save tolls.
River rafting area or canoeing, and kayaking.
Besancon is worth a stop over, I was snowed in there, truck ban til the weather improvement .
Chambery is worth a stroll around.
Aoasta has Roman ruins to see and get the cable car up the mountain, still snow up there in the summer.
Exit the toll road Aosta, either park the wobbling box by the leisure center, good pool there and sauna,steam room, or park at the truck stop which is easy to find, both places are walking distance to Aosta town.
There is a cycle and walking track by the river, you can see the prison .
Coffee and pizza in Turin, say hello to George Clooney, he has or had a villa by one of the big lakes .
In France visit the Champagne area.

If you are planning to visit Milan, in the centre by the Duemo cathedral, look for Autogrill cafe, if you buy one drink, they give free hot snacks, from pizza and finger food bites, its a traditional, all walks of life gathering there like a water hole in a dessert.
In the mall there is a Formula one racing shop , they sell fake and original car parts, I saw a nose cone for a few grand .

toby1234abc:
From Calais head on the free roads to Nancy,Epinal,Vesoul,Besancon,Lons le saunier,Oyannax to Chambery to the Italian border

We are in no rush to get there but that does seem to be a long way round Tobes !!

nick2008:
I never understood drivers that drive to go on holiday, :wink:
Last year I even left my phone at home :open_mouth:
Mind I don’t think I was in anyway fit to either drive or make a phone call :blush: and I’m not even a proper drinker :laughing:

Ive been to loads of places in Europe in a truck that i would love to go back in a car and spend more time there.