Route advice Great Malvern to Hereford

I’m delivering in great Malvern tommorow morning and reloading just north of Hereford off the a49.
Direct route us through Ledbury via the a449 and and a438. My question is are the roads ok in empty artic as I don’t get down that way much. My guess is they will narrow and windy and hilly but very doable.
Thanks in advance.

Yep they’re perfectly fine even in a curtainsider loaded with kitchens and secured with internals. No doubt as you’ve figured out, you’re not cutting across to the A4103 the way Google Maps says - it’s all the way back to Worcester outer ring road if you want to do that.

Yeah they’re exactly as you think and there’s not much opportunity to stop for a break either. When you get to Ledbury you have no other option than to follow the A449 right into it, turn left at the lights and take the outer ring road going round the bottom of it due to weight limits in the town. Once you’ve got to Ledbury the roads get a whole lot better even though they’re still fairly windy but it’s no longer that hilly and it’s perfectly feasible to do it almost all at the speed limit.

Thanks conor