roundabout info needed

ok this maybe a strange one but can someone tell me if im right or wrong…

A1/M18 ‘NEW’ interchange… driving north along the A1 I enter the slip road, two lanes 1st being turning left to go M18 towards M1/ Rotherham. 2nd being A1 strait ahead or M18 towards Doncaster / M80… am I right by saying I can hug the inside lane and take the 3rd exit to go to M18 Doncaster / M80■■? a few times I have been at the lights now indicating left to turn off and both cars and trucks have cut me up. the Doncaster M18 now has two lanes going from the roundabout… I hope you can understand me if not just say so and ill try and explain better.

No mate for M18 Donny its the outside lane only , once you get half way round the roundabout it opens up into 2 lanes but its not 2 for the M18 on the slip itself

chaversdad:
No mate for M18 Donny its the outside lane only , once you get half way round the roundabout it opens up into 2 lanes but its not 2 for the M18 on the slip itself

are you sure?? the slip road has 2 lanes and looking on google maps there isn’t any road markings. you would think people coming from the M18 north turning right / 3rd exit / A1 south would use the inside lane then come out after the 2nd turning M18 Doncaster

look at the map I would have thought the truck would take the inside lane leaving them who come into outside lane to turn M18 Doncaster only and them in inside lane to either turn M18 Doncaster or A1 south

Google maps shows the old layout, it doesnt open up to 2 lanes for the M18 north/east until you have gone under the A1 and passed the the A1 north exit, after this it opens into 2 lanes and carries on up the slip, its a stupid idea as 2 lanes all the way round would make it flow better, the only reason i have an opinion on this is trucks have done the same as you describe and i have then had to move to the right to let them in or they would have ended up going back onto the A1 north

The M80■■ It goes between Glasgow and Stirling!!

Supatramp:

No wonder he.s in the wrong lane :laughing:

As you past m18 exit you seen road markings in lane 1 for A1N and lane 2 for M18, so no you can’t

There’s another dodgy roundabout at Peterborough. If you drive along the 1139 southern bypass to the A1 roundabout the sign indicates you can use both entry lanes to turn right onto the A1(n). However this same sign says you can use both lanes to cross the roundabout onto the A605. So basically I’m in a truck turning right and hugging inside lane to turn right whilst a car is in the outside lane aiming to cross the roundabout.

chaversdad:

Supatramp:

No wonder he.s in the wrong lane :laughing:

haha yes M180 not the M80 up Scotland

yorkielee:
ok this maybe a strange one but can someone tell me if im right or wrong…

A1/M18 ‘NEW’ interchange… driving north along the A1 I enter the slip road, two lanes 1st being turning left to go M18 towards M1/ Rotherham. 2nd being A1 strait ahead or M18 towards Doncaster / M80… am I right by saying I can hug the inside lane and take the 3rd exit to go to M18 Doncaster / M80■■? a few times I have been at the lights now indicating left to turn off and both cars and trucks have cut me up. the Doncaster M18 now has two lanes going from the roundabout… I hope you can understand me if not just say so and ill try and explain better.

No, you just cause problems doing this on such a major roundabout, google forward planning and driving for dummies. :wink:

thanks guys. I have rang the highways agency and they have said they will look into it then ring or email me back. a number of times the inside lane is clear while the outside lane is full from both people from the A1 north turning right and people going M18 then turning right to go down A1 just seamed pointless to me as all exits have 2slip lanes.

yorkielee:
thanks guys. I have rang the highways agency

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: theres got to be more important things to concern yourself with than some white lines round a ■■■■■■ roundabout , hasnt there ?

Same goes for A1 south bound onto south bound M1. I’ve started using left hand lane to turn right, let’s faster traffic on my right move better.
Signs are not clear but common sense seems to prevail.