Round oak motor services west mids

Hi folks, Newbie here, my first post
As per title my Dad drove for Round oak motor service in gornal west midlands for over twenty years.
He was the union shop steward towards the end of his service (TGWU)
He started with them early 70s. As a young lad all my summer holidays & any other breaks from school were spent with him in the trucks learning how to rope and sheet! His first scania 81 was MFK 963P which he had from new, then he had scania 81 XUE 275S that was bought by them from new but my Dad had it when it was about a year old. He then had a Volvo F6 A621 WOH again he had that from hartshores Volvo in Walsall from new. Below is a scania 112 which if I remember correct they bought when it was approx. 18 months old. If I remember right the guy who drove that was Arthur Dingley. This pic was taken approx 1986 I have a photo album in the loft full of pics from around the late 70s early 80`s so I will go up the weekend and scan some off.
Nice place you got here and I like what I see.

Let me christen your post and be the first to welcome you to the forum, I’ve got a photo of the Renault R340 taken outside Seacons in Millwall, its on my post ‘Lovell’s Wharf’ cheers. Peter

Welcome to forum.
I used to backload off Round Oak Motor Services in the late 60s when I worked for C H Preston,Sheffield. Most times I loaded out of their yard with die blocks that were made by Walter Somers at Halesowen. I think ROMS had a job out of Stourbridge or maybe Stourport with mining machinery which we also backloaded.
I seem to think that their yard was on Pear Tree Lane Dudley in those days but I could be wrong.

Hello everyone first post,my uncle(sid whitehouse) used to drive for round oak from the early seventies up to 1997,I to0 spent my school holidays with my uncle the lorry and loved every minute of it(1990-1997), i remember that scania 112 it was still there in 1997,if you have any more pics it would be really appreciated.

Hi holtend,
as i remember there were two sids that drove for ROMS one was obviously sid whitehouse and one was sid bowkley.

i always got them confused but if i remember right your uncle lived near russells hall hospital and used to do the shunting■■?

Has this anything to do with the Round Oak that hire bin lorries?

Are they still running, or have they finished now ■■?

Evening all, did not Chris Foster end up owning Round Oak?? My involvement…all the ■■■■■■■ Atkinson Borderers they ran!! Cheerio for now.

Hi series 1 RS,yes thats right he lived on the russells hall estate and he did the shunting.

Hello there,
Yes that wagon you have picture of was Arthur Dingley’s, Myself Paulie Harper and Mickey Duff prepped that for paint, been a long time ago I think it used to be burgundy or white. I have added a pic from my own collection.