Rough start to the week!

derbytelegraph.co.uk/VIDEO-m … story.html

tango boy:

puntabrava:
Would it be difficult to roll a bulker or could any driver manage it?

Ask Albion1971 he’s head of the CSITN aint he :wink: He’ll be along soon with the same old same old Truck Driver at fault theory :wink: :laughing:

Don’t hold your breath, he’s abroad on a fact finding mission.

I have it on good authority that he’s attempting to blame the Icelandic ash cloud on them maniacs Hugh Rowland and Rick Yem!

puntabrava:

Anyone can do it :slight_smile:

puntabrava:

Them tater bulkers feed down to a conveyor belt,which runs down the middle. basically the load is on a stiletto, “tater” around a corner or r/bout and she will roll

Top heavy ain’t they.

I went over on the Tynsley viaduct roundabout for the Northbound entry slip road for the M1 about 4 and half year ago. I loaded up down at Felixtowe on the Friday with a load for Montracon Trailers in Doncaster for Monday morning it was actually 3 packs of the wooden slats that make up the trailer floors,it took 3 forklifts to lift each pack on as they where the full length of the trailer. I used 6 ratchet straps to secure the load which wasn’t really high made sure they where tight as f–k and set of on my way up the A14/A1. This was when the A1 had roundabouts at Colsterworth,Markham Moor,Worksop and Blyth. I got on the M1 to take the load to our yard and was pekish so I come off at Catcliffe to go to mcd’s across from the industrial est where the Volvo garage is, I couldn’t get parked up so thought sod it and decided to wait till I got back. I went up Fullerton Rd past Magna to get on the M1 at Tynsley. I got to the lights at the end of the lower section of the viaduct and they where at red,waited for them to change then proceded to the last set before you head onto the slip road which were at green. There was a cop car parked behind a car who was changing a wheel,I checked my mirror to see if i could move into the middle lane to get around the obstruction,I turned the wheel slightly not a sharp movement and i felt the truck being pulled to the left I thought WTF!! checked my mirror to see all the trailer wheels off the floor :open_mouth: Time seemed to stand still I brassed myself best I could and fell into the passenger side(I wasn’t wearing a seat belt :unamused: ) Everything I had in the truck which was loose all fell onto me. Everything come to a stop and people came running over asking if i was ok and not to move etc but all I had were 2 cuts where my flasks I have my soup in hit me on my head and cut it open! :unamused: :smiley: Sierens everywhere 4 cop cars, 2 fire engines an ambulance and even the copper chopper out.I went to Rotherham General for treatment and was questioned under caution by a copper while i was laid on the bed a copper came through on the 2 way and asked him to ask me if they could have all my t–t mags that were strewn all over the roundabout! :grimacing: I found out the load was still strapped to the bed when they got it back on its feet. sorry for the long post :confused:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

good write up, fair play fella it’ll take some ■■■■■■■■ to write that on here

stevieboy308:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

• 1 Well done :wink: Hope you get well soon too mate :smiley:

tango boy:

stevieboy308:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

he only had 2 cuts and it was 4.5 years ago :laughing: :laughing:

stevieboy308:

tango boy:

stevieboy308:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

LOL Sorry i was refering to his sick pay thread as he is off work poorly at the moment :wink: :laughing:

redboxer850:

puntabrava:

Anyone can do it :slight_smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV9NebHbtus

Excellent video
Now this is the sort of thing that should be shown in the DCPC

stevieboy308:

tango boy:

stevieboy308:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

there was more damage to mi flasks :smiley: The old bill tried to do me for driving without due care and attention,didn’t here from them for about 5 week only for them to ring me on a Thursday saying i had to attend the main headquarters up near the old Sheffield airport the next morning to be questioned! :unamused: thanks for giveing me time to sort it out with work like! :confused: work was fine with it I said to the coppers that I had allready been questioned under caution at the hospital but they said they needed to go over a few things again,I said I was getting a soliciter before I go up there,they said I didn’t need one as I wasn’t being arrested and I just said if im being questioned over it I’m bringing a soliciter with me which they didn’t seem to like :unamused: I got in touch with the URTU who was brilliant and they sorted me a soliciter out with just a days notice,he was’nt well up on haulage but they said if the police wanted to take it further then they would get me one who was on top of things. We got up there just for the copper who questioned me at the hospital to ask me the same questions he did up there. I know they was trying to catch me out and see if I gave a different answer to any question which I didn’t. They was trying to say I should’ve been able to see the cop car and other car on the slip road before I got to the lights but where they were on the slip road and because of all the trees that block a good percentage of the view you get of the slip road I could’nt see them untill I did. They then tried to say I was not driving in relation to the conditions i.e speeding only for my soliciter to pipe up and say,“how can you say such a thing when he was doing about 10 mile an hour on a dry day when the truck went over?” “He was driving quicker than that” plod replied only for my soliciter to strike him down in flames with,“Thats a blatent lie as it says on his Tacho the speed he was going at the time of the accident and also on the companys tracker!” embarrased looks and words like “errrm,well,errrm, I will pass this onto my superiors see what they say and if they want to proceed further we’ll be in touch” Im still waiting! :grimacing: :grimacing:

That roundabout has a mental switching camber on it. I’m normally empty when I’m on it so take it a bit quicker than normal and the trailer flexes and twists like ■■■■.

FarnboroughBoy11:
That roundabout has a mental switching camber on it. I’m normally empty when I’m on it so take it a bit quicker than normal and the trailer flexes and twists like [zb].

A tanker had gone over only about 2 week before I did. It’s a good job Albion is away or else he would be saying that I should’ve anticipated 2 cars parked on the slip road blah,blah,blah! :grimacing:

What goes over? The heavier load or the light one?

There IS no “heavier” or “lighter” if they’re the same weight FFS! :blush:
Wrong question.
It’s about density for the same weight rather than weight on it’s own. The less dense one has a higher centre of gravity becauase there’s more of it - i.e. it piles higher with the same overall weight because it’s less dense. 10t of pillows will have you over easier than 10t of gravel, and 10t of cars on a transporter will have you over easier than 10t of supermarket groceries too - all the same reason. It’s Basic physics. :sunglasses:

I do agree with the concept that Physics should be taught to all those truckers that don’t seem to have it under their belt already, and thus would make a jolly good DCPC module.

FarnboroughBoy11:
That roundabout has a mental switching camber on it. I’m normally empty when I’m on it so take it a bit quicker than normal and the trailer flexes and twists like [zb].

This is exactly the “familiarity breeding contempt” that leads to further accidents - those misconceptions that:-
(1) it’s not going to happen to you,
(2) You can’t roll an empty trailer, (nor roll it on an ‘empty roundabout’ if you will)
(3) You know the roundabout is dodgy, but choose to do nothing about it (rather than take it slow, because you’re not rushing on some life-endangering job & knock)

and Nope, I’ve not picked up Albion’s shifts this week. :laughing: :sunglasses: :grimacing:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
all I had were 2 cuts where my flasks I have my soup in hit me on my head and cut it open!

That’s at least 6 months on the sick. Hope the flask was ok.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
a copper came through on the 2 way and asked him to ask me if they could have all my t–t mags that were strewn all over the roundabout!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ken.

Winseer:

FarnboroughBoy11:

This is exactly the “familiarity breeding contempt” that leads to further accidents - those misconceptions that:-
(1) it’s not going to happen to you,
(2) You can’t roll an empty trailer, (nor roll it on an ‘empty roundabout’ if you will)
(3) You know the roundabout is dodgy, but choose to do nothing about it (rather than take it slow, because you’re not rushing on some life-endangering job & knock)

and Nope, I’ve not picked up Albion’s shifts this week. :laughing: :sunglasses: :grimacing:

You are reading way too much into it.
And I do choose to do something about it… I choose not to take it faster than I already do :wink:
And when I say fast, I don’t mean like Lewis Hamilton.

:laughing: <<

tango boy:

stevieboy308:
Is that a new shape or old shape one? Looks like new but hard to tell on my phone,

New i reckon, looking at the mirrors :smiley:

pmsl :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: