Rough list price

What’s a rough sale price of
Mercedes 6 x 2 460 flat floor biggish cab with decent fleet spec.
Renault T cab 6 x 2 460 again decent fleet spec.
We’ve just got a load of these and I’d just like to know being nosey and that.

I’m sure they had this comparison in one of the mags a few months ago, both were £100k+

I was shocked as both seemed to be fleet spec as apose to flagship but i could be wrong.

Do any companies still buy their own motors anymore?

Conor:

All of my companies units/trailers were bought outright. Saying that they just bought 5 new units but before that the whole fleet was all used motors.

It says in Trucking this month that Pollock still buy most of their outright. Scott Pollock is quoted as saying that it goes for big cabs for residuals and ease of moving on. Nothing about looking after the drivers.

Conor:

Turners buy everything as do who i work for now

My gaffer buys his.

I’d of thought about £70k but that’s a complete guess. They do have CD player, air con, big cabs, electric windows and central locking etc also just controls by the bunk which is good for any trampers.
Ps they are leased but as I said just wondering what they’re worth.

Olog Hai:
Nothing about looking after the drivers.

They don’t give a zb about drivers, neither do most hauliers:!:

Conor:

Ours have started buying their’s in the last year or so.

All of our kit is bought and paid for, no mean feat for a medium sized haulier to own 50-60 good spec motors and 90 skells

No one pays list price there’s discounts offered for multiple orders first time orders all sorts really. they will sell them for what they want depends on how much they want your business

i know its a different category but when I worked at ford selling vans we were targeted on numbers rather than profit! so pretty much sold every new van at cost (to the dealership not ford) was win win as no one could undercut us without losing money and sold ■■■■ loads.

Conor:

Maritime have their own second hand sales business, so they clearly do…

secondhandtrucks.co.uk/

I love this line from the website…

“Above all, these vehicles have been driven with pride and care from new by dedicated Maritime employed drivers, not agency drivers”

Thoughts Conor? :laughing:

Firm I work for buy outright and run them for there whole life.