Rouen bridge

Off down to Tours in the morning, not been Rouen way for a good few months now.
Is the bridge still shut or have they finally rebuilt it yet!?

I came back that way in October and was still being diverted, and I’m pretty sure the bridge won’t be open for sometime yet, I’ve read 2014, as it needs to be rebuilt not just repaired.

Isn’t their a big new bridge .was when I went that way last year unless that’s knackered already I’m sure I went in via the diversion poss carried on to 151 added about 10 -15 k but no longer in time

I know it will be too late for Vodka-ad but for anybody else heading that way, here is some info you might find helpful and maybe interesting.
Work has only recently started on the bridge, a year after it was severely damaged, when a petrol tanker caught fire on it after an accident. The delay has been caused by disputes btween insurance companies, as to who was responsible and who should pay, this was resolved in a French court of law in June.
They say that it will cost around 8 million Euros to repair the bridge !!
As I said work has only just started , after all the tarmac and other materials have been removed, which will be around December time, they are going to completely remove the bridge span, place it on a barge and take it to a nearby quayside for repair. The damaged part will be removed, and replaced by a new piece that has been made in Belgium and is being brought by barge, along the channel and down the Seine, this new section will then be welded to the good part. The whole span will be placed back onto a barge to be taken back to the site, they reckon by the beginning of next year. Once in place, work will then begin to return the bridge to a full working condition.
According to the press releases, they expect the bridge to be reopened, around the summer of 2014.

chester1:
Isn’t their a big new bridge .was when I went that way last year unless that’s knackered already I’m sure I went in via the diversion poss carried on to 151 added about 10 -15 k but no longer in time

I personally thought the diversion was probably better than the old route.
is this the bridge you mean?

I would have never seen it if it wasn’t for the diversion.
The French do build some impressive bridges. :smiley:

i go that way every week. it hasnt reopened you are still diverted via the 150 and 151. to be honest i doubt if they will reopen it to trucks.

muckles:

chester1:

I personally thought the diversion was probably better than the old route.
is this the bridge you mean?
Pont Gustave-Flaubert - Wikipedia
I would have never seen it if it wasn’t for the diversion.
The French do build some impressive bridges. :smiley:

Not seen it up but looks like it at the port end of town I also thought it was better route than old way too

matilda 2.jpg
matilda1.jpg

Still shut, the diversion isnt that much more and i agree with the other poster, i doubt they will reopen for lorries. Been too long and keeps all the transitting traffic over to the port side of town.