Rota Patterns

Hi Guys,

Myself and a handful of other drivers have been given the task of working out the new rota’s for the coop depot in Avonmouth.

Due to the complexity of coops delivery profile and the fact that the drivers are on different contracts ( 48 hour, 44 hour , 4/3 off, 5/2 off, etc.) it is an absolute minefield. The 4/3 shifts are quite easy to form into a mutually beneficial rota arrangement but the 5/2s are proving to be a nightmare. We are very keen to avoid similar rota’s to the Andover depot some of which involve only having 1 sat/sun off in 17 weeks!

Does anyone on here work at the Tesco depot at Avonmouth or one of the other consolidated delivery depots like Morrisons Bridgewater who can give me an idea what the rota’s are like ie how many weekends off etc. and shift patterns.

Cheers

Andy

I love doing this sort of thing but have not done so since I sorted out the complex rota patterns and cover for a 40 bed care home

I also put that rota onto computer when it had been done on A3 paper beforehand

The spreadsheet I designed also had auto counts so that any vacant shifts due to sickness or holls could be easily seen as well as the total shifts/hours done by each person

I know how hard that task is going to be !!

Leave it to the managers that’s what they’re there for!

Yeah guess what the “managers” will make a pigs ear of it!,give the guys at the sharp end a chance to show how it should be done!

your paid to drive from point A to point B unload the crappy trollies into there (supermarket :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: ) and go on to point C , D ,E before returning to point A… leave the planning to the office planners

What about 5 on 3 off.

nick2008:
your paid to drive from point A to point B unload the crappy trollies into there (supermarket :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: ) and go on to point C , D ,E before returning to point A… leave the planning to the office planners

If you have nothing positive to contribute please go back to polishing your fog lights…ta

You work for the Co-op ffs! Are you telling me they haven’t got some whizzkid manager to do all this or are you looking to climb the greasy pole yourself… :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you guys running Paragon? We are not having fun with this and the rota at Andover!

Could be a good opportunity to get a wholesale transfer onto 4 on 4 off for those who want to change, easiest to work out and effectively gives an extra month off a year compared with those on 5 day week, plus the opportunity for one or two days overtime between shifts, thereby cutting out all but the odd agency, win win…

There will be some who don’t want to change and their prior agreements should be honoured, but there should be enough volunteers to change to make the rota a doddle.

4 on 4 off

The best solution by far

4 on 4 off :sunglasses: you’ll see who the grafters are :laughing: couple of days overtime if they WANT it :laughing: piece of p1$s :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

nick2008:

Ah diddums,does the thought of shop deliveries scare you with all that manouvering and reversing ?
I will continue to go drive from point A to B etc,get my 30+ grand a year,work 4 occasionaly 5 days a week ,home every night etc.