Rota change!

Surely this can’t be right can it, we’ve now been put on a rota where we work 5 days then have 1 day off, work 5 days then have 1 day off again, I know this can be done but not best practice imo, what does everyone else think?
Lot of drivers not happy!

quork:
Surely this can’t be right can it, we’ve now been put on a rota where we work 5 days then have 1 day off, work 5 days then have 1 day off again, I know this can be done but not best practice imo, what does everyone else think?
Lot of drivers not happy!

Why don’t you all hand in your notice at the same time, might get a result.

If under EU regs it is going to be illegal very quickly because in every other fixed week there must be a regular weekly rest of at least 45 hours

If doing regular day runs that means taking 2 days off together to make the regular weekly rest every other week

If you’re not happy with it (and I wouldn’t be) then tell them in writing that it’s unreasonable and you won’t be observing it - but only if you’re willing to stand by your guns.

Have I got this correct - the rota is proposed to be 5 on 1 off 5 on 1 off 5 on 1 off 5 on 1 off etc :question:

If that is the proposal then it needs pointing out to management that a driver under EU regs cannot do that legally and see what the response is

No it looks like 5 on 1 off 5 on 1 off 5 on 3 off

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

spenno39:

Stuff that! :imp:

spenno39:

That could potentially be legal, but if nobody wants to do that, then just let the management know that you won’t be doing it. It then comes down to a Mexican stand-off.

Harry Monk:

spenno39:

That could potentially be legal, but if nobody wants to do that, then just let the management know that you won’t be doing it. It then comes down to a Mexican stand-off.

And ask the management if they’ll be doing the same pattern? :open_mouth:

If they want it it’ll happen unless a new fangled thing like politely refusing and sticking with it happens.
Remember that someone went to university to come up with these efficient type shifts.
You have a choice, take it or leave it!
Just an opinion mind!

At my old employer they advertised a load of jobs on a 5 on 1 off, 5 on 3 off, 5 on 1 off, 5 on 3 off shift pattern. They had applicants, none of which were British :laughing:, and for some reason it never went ahead.

As another poster said, if you could all hand your notice in on the same day, or at least all agree not to observe it, I’m sure they’ll back down.