Rosyth- Zeebrugge Ferry

OK, change of plan! :smiley: :smiley:

Anyone been on the Rosyth- Zeebrugge ferry?

Same questions really!

Simon would be the man to answer that but I think he will have already hit the road today.

:smiley: Never used it Harry but try THIS LINK :smiley:

It’s a Superfast Ferry? Kewl! The Ancona- Patras Superfasts take some beating so I’ll look forward to that!

Harry im your man Harry been on the superfast ferry numerous times when i was working on McLanachans and some good nights we had, it leaves at 1700 and gets into Zeebrugge at 1300 the next day and the food is free hic :smiley: owt u need to know just ask harry
Klunk, poachin wifi internet in Cherbourg :smiley:

It USED to be a Superfast ferry, but they’ve changed the boat recently.
It’s now a Blue Star Line boat (same company as Superfast, just a different line).

There’s only one boat on the route. They have Sunday night off in Zeebrugge and do three round trips a week, as per the time table. Times look close enough too.

Be on the dock at least 2 hours earlier than departure time, the web site infers that they can be a bit flexible if you’re in-touch with them. In Zeebrugge at least, they aren’t. When you book in, they usually put two drivers to a cabin. You can get that changed after they sail, at reception, if there are any cabins available. First come, first served. The cabins seem to be a bit bigger than they were on the Superfast.

If you’ve got a Superfast Club card, you can use it to get a discount on your bar bill :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: .
Once under way, keep a hold of your drink, it’ll dance itself off the table if you don’t. When they’re maneouvering it’ll jump off rather than dance :open_mouth: :laughing: :unamused: The entertainment isn’t anything you would want to pay for. :unamused: :open_mouth:

There isn’t a dedicated drivers lounge, like there was on the Superfast, but there is a section of the restaurant which is supposed to be for drivers only, however it’s often forgotten about. You shouldn’t have to stand around waiting for a table to become free, because there’s plenty of room in the drivers bit. But as the crew don’t stop ordinary punters using it, you might have to.

We use it fairly often (2 of ours were on it last (Wed’) night).
We can actually get back to the yard earlier using the Norfolk Line, Vlaardigen to Killingholme boat.