roping and sheeting

Not finished but nearly there a 1-24th scale roped and sheeted trailer

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
Not finished but nearly there a 1-24th scale roped and sheeted trailer

Careful Iain, the ropes over the fly sheet police will be watching!!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :wink: :wink: :wink: regards Kev. Ps. Cracking job there, hope you’ve remembered not to double loop the dollies :exclamation: :exclamation: :smiley: :smiley:

Nice job on the B series ERF-is it from Modellers Rescource? I have one of their Commer TS3’s to do at some point-not sure what I’ll do with it yet

3C5216CD-469D-4D47-8B28-5F7D2B9F5234.jpeg re

Finished roping my York trailer,bit of work still needed on the trailer and the Transcontinental,and some subtle weathering required on both.
It’s a shame my father isn’t around to see it,he was always on at me to make this model for him,it was by far and away his favourite lorry that he owned.sadly life got in the way and I wasn’t able to finish this while he was able to see it

I am really impressed ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ and Andrew. I would love to re-create some of my much loved vehicles of yesteryear but sadly am sure I do not have the talent or patience. But tell me what exactly do you get in a kit and how much do you have to make yourselves? I have noted what you said about tying the ropes, that alone would put me off but I would be interested to know. :smiley:

Spardo:
I am really impressed ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ and Andrew. I would love to re-create some of my much loved vehicles of yesteryear but sadly am sure I do not have the talent or patience. But tell me what exactly do you get in a kit and how much do you have to make yourselves? I have noted what you said about tying the ropes, that alone would put me off but I would be interested to know. :smiley:

The Bedford KM was a full kit, mostly resin but everything there to make it apart from 5th wheel, susies and rear mudguards I think-.the single axle trailer consists of a chassis from a model kit that I chopped about,and the actual bed and headboard was scratch built from plastic.
The Transcon is from the same company (Kit Form Serices) but consists of the cab and interior and bumper etc but required a Volvo f12 model kit chassis to complete it,with a fair bit of modification,the York trailer is a complete kit, but I’ve modified it quite a lot to look like the one we owned.
I am the most impatient person in the world,I find making these models therapeutic.I actually started doing it because hardly any photos exist of any of the lorries my father owned,so I’ve been gradually working my way through the vehicles we owned,but I’ve made a few for close friends along the way.
I have a v6 Detroit powered Bedford TM to do at some point,and another KM artic or two.
Thanks for the kind words, these really are a labour of love

andrew.s:

Spardo:

The Bedford KM was a full kit, mostly resin but everything there to make it apart from 5th wheel, susies and rear mudguards I think-.the single axle trailer consists of a chassis from a model kit that I chopped about,and the actual bed and headboard was scratch built from plastic.
The Transcon is from the same company (Kit Form Serices) but consists of the cab and interior and bumper etc but required a Volvo f12 model kit chassis to complete it,with a fair bit of modification,the York trailer is a complete kit, but I’ve modified it quite a lot to look like the one we owned.
I am the most impatient person in the world,I find making these models therapeutic.I actually started doing it because hardly any photos exist of any of the lorries my father owned,so I’ve been gradually working my way through the vehicles we owned,but I’ve made a few for close friends along the way.
I have a v6 Detroit powered Bedford TM to do at some point,and another KM artic or two.
Thanks for the kind words, these really are a labour of love

Wow, thank you for that, but you have convinced me it is not for me sadly. I am really envious though. :smiley:
I have 4 models ranging from a limited edition made for the FTA and given to me as a local chairman on their 50th anniversary, to a large Scania wagon and drag in Comecon logos, but nothing like yours. The other 2, descending in size are a Christian Salveson artic and a small Transcon drawbar in Elf colours.

That should hold the sheets down just nicely :laughing:

439ee059d68fd9ecf272a0e8f92f925b.jpg

ERF-NGC-European:
That should hold the sheets down just nicely :laughing:

Either that or catch the wind and rip them off. :unamused: :laughing:

Well Den, Whats your views on this spectaculia Fodens ropping job. :question: , A Fab S 20 Foden shot Eh , Larry

scan0187.jpg

Lawrence Dunbar:
Well Den, Whats your views on this spectaculia Fodens ropping job. :question: , A Fab S 20 Foden shot Eh , Larry

Height or width, no problems. :open_mouth:

youtu.be/9VW0m1Gi3RA

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Spot on that S & R Buzzer the Scots were nearly as competent as us ■■■■■■■■■ :wink: :sunglasses: :smiley: Cheers Dennis.

Another one done right Mr B, cheers Buzzer

Buzzer:

IMHO the fly sheet is spot on but it is the main sheet that looks a bit untidy and is not fastened along the chock rail so I wonder why ? It would have been interesting to learn what the load was , could it be that it was a load of printed material as there was some large print works around Hemel Hempstead and Kings Langley in the day and IIRC it provided the likes of a very good haulier like Masters with much of their traffic. Cheers Bewick

Bewick:

Buzzer:

IMHO the fly sheet is spot on but it is the main sheet that looks a bit untidy and is not fastened along the chock rail so I wonder why ? It would have been interesting to learn what the load was , could it be that it was a load of printed material as there was some large print works around Hemel Hempstead and Kings Langley in the day and IIRC it provided the likes of a very good haulier like Masters with much of their traffic. Cheers Bewick

Regular loads for SoM from Kodak at Hemel Hempstead Dennis,tip London reload at Kodak for Scotland.

David

5thwheel:

Bewick:

Buzzer:

Regular loads for SoM from Kodak at Hemel Hempstead Dennis,tip London reload at Kodak for Scotland.

David

Aye David it was a busy place around Hemel in the day for the paper industry, I recall we used to deliver 2 or 3 loads a week into the John Dickinson plant and it was probably the fastest tip we had in at 6 and coming out at 7 am. The chap who tipped us was called Ted ( Old Ted as he was nearing retiring) but did he make you sweat under the low roof with steam pipes running along ! As fast as you could roll the reels down to go on the plate he had on his immaculate Lancing Bagnall FLT he was back ready for the next half dozen ! Needless to say for 4 or 5 years we gave him a bottle of Scotch at Christmas what a great bloke he was always helped strip and roll the sheets up with us . We could then run down to Tilbury load 20 ton of pulp and be back at Milnthorpe that night ! :wink: :smiley: Cheers Dennis.