roping and sheeting

I tie in a similar fashion to you David, multiple twists and a single loop. I never feed the entire rope round the tie rail, only a bight; saves feeding it all through agai for the second hitch and it all falls free when untying. Shorter, single ropes work well in conjunction with gates, bearing in mind gates tend to be of even height, commonly between 5 and 7’.
We secure the load then tarp, tarps have their own ropes.

Star down under.:
I tie in a similar fashion to you David, multiple twists and a single loop. I never feed the entire rope round the tie rail, only a bight; saves feeding it all through agai for the second hitch and it all falls free when untying. Shorter, single ropes work well in conjunction with gates, bearing in mind gates tend to be of even height, commonly between 5 and 7’.
We secure the load then tarp, tarps have their own ropes.

…“tarps have their own ropes”,also known as bottle sheets.

David

No more sheeting ,first load to Amazon Gateshead .

Fresh out the garage .

Looking very good Dan, Dan The Man with many Talents :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Regards Larry.

Looks smart Dan, did you have it done for a specific contract?

Lawrence Dunbar:
Looking very good Dan, Dan The Man with many Talents :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Regards Larry.

Thank you Larry ,we still need the old hands to show us the way though :wink: :laughing:

Kempston:

Hi I did it for one job really but I’ve plenty of jobs I can use it on to save time and improve our service ,the Bewick type loads are easy enough :laughing: but we carry a lot of machinery which after taping cloths on the sharp bits and avoiding the delicate fragile bits are still difficult to unroll a sheet on and time consuming, it’s taking approximately 45 minutes to properly do a rigid load without doing the trailer so this is really good for us .

Really impressive Dan :smiley: should save a bit of time not having to sheet :smiley: cheers Ray

stargazer148:
Really impressive Dan :smiley: should save a bit of time not having to sheet :smiley: cheers Ray

Thank you Ray ,hopefully I can beat some traffic from a dead start :sunglasses:

Kempston:

Jobs like these .

I hope that you aren’t moving around too much after your operation Dan, I wasn’t allowed to do much at all for a month until the internal stitches healed.

Pete.

windrush:
I hope that you aren’t moving around too much after your operation Dan, I wasn’t allowed to do much at all for a month until the internal stitches healed.

Pete.

Merely observing at the min ,I didn’t realise I’d got a 5 inch long wound until the dressing was changed at the doctor’s :open_mouth:

Punchy Dan:

windrush:

Pete.

Merely observing at the min ,I didn’t realise I’d got a 5 inch long wound until the dressing was changed at the doctor’s :open_mouth:

It’s the internal stitches that you cant see that need protecting the most Dan, they can’t repair them easily. Let the good lady do the work, you just sit back quietly in your chair and order her around! :wink:

Pete.

windrush:

Punchy Dan:

windrush:

Pete.

It’s the internal stitches that you cant see that need protecting the most Dan, they can’t repair them easily. Let the good lady do the work, you just sit back quietly in your chair and order her around! :wink:

Pete.

Order her around…of what Pete!?

David

Punchy Dan:

Kempston:

Hi I did it for one job really but I’ve plenty of jobs I can use it on to save time and improve our service ,the Bewick type loads are easy enough :laughing: but we carry a lot of machinery which after taping cloths on the sharp bits and avoiding the delicate fragile bits are still difficult to unroll a sheet on and time consuming, it’s taking approximately 45 minutes to properly do a rigid load without doing the trailer so this is really good for us .

Yes I agree Dan, I used to take a lot of machinery/heavy engineering loads when I was driving.

Order her around ■■ He has enough problems already , a whack round the lughole won’t help his healing . A few groans , suitably timed will have more effect .

rigsby:
Order her around ■■ He has enough problems already , a whack round the lughole won’t help his healing . A few groans , suitably timed will have more effect .

I was fortunate Dave when I had my hernia op in that the missus was still walking around so she did almost everything for me for a month, didn’t even let me make a drink! :wink: I bet yours was the same. However nowadays, and for the past five years, its me that does everything for her and she orders me about so the ‘boot is on t’other foot’ permanently now! :laughing:

An old boy I do vintage rallies with had his hernia done when he was in his late eighties and asked me what it was like. He lives alone on the Staffordshire Moorlands and the day after the op he was short of bread so drove to Morrisons at Leek, felt OK so went back to work taking patients to hospital in his Range Rover! No resting for him, he is 94 now and still alive and kicking!

Pete.

Punchy Dan:
Fresh out the garage .

Thats very tidy Dan. :wink:

You seemed to have had a very busy year last year.

When you look at pics like this you realise what a dangerous job sheeting some of the taller loads must have been.

Hate to think how many drivers must have had serious/fatal accidents falling off over the years.