Ronnie Muggleton

Hi All

I’m a close family friend of Ronnie Muggleton and have helped him to sign up on this and signed in on his behalf. By chance, we found all these posts asking after him!

Ronnie still loves his lorries (talks about RAM, GL Baker the old days all the time!). Unfortunately he is in hospital at the moment battling cancer, but we are hoping he’ll be recovering and on here in the near future himself. However, in the meantime he will take great joy in reading all of these posts which we will show him. He’ll be amazed that peope have asked for him!

It’s nice to know that people are asking after him after all these years. Will keep you posted on his health. Hopefully won’t be in too long - he’s already moaning about the food and wants to know where the nearest transport cafe is to the London hospital and can someone wheel him over there!! :smiley:

Are you talking about the RAM transport from London E3 post code I have ERF e14 f410ckr on my back yard I have been trying to make contact via phone and post regards Dan

Yep - it’s RAM transport from E3. Ron’s yard was in Bow, East London.

I will definitely ask him about the lorry - but it certainly sounds like his. As I say, he is in hospital unfortunately but is completely ‘with it’ and will love to hear about these lorries and help out on history etc. :slight_smile:

somewhere on here is pics of the RAM guy big j and leyland marathon in green I recall the yard at bow I worked round the in crisp street for a fella name danny marks, those RAM motors were always well turned out never se one dirty credit to the bloke I wish well with his illness get well soon mate, fredm

Here is F410 CKR in its original livery. Was new to Henley Transport in Paddock Wood but ran in Mack Multiples livery, one of Jack Henleys biggest contracts.

A couple for you Ron

Hello again mark ,I’ve got all the front end off at the mow ,new steps sub frame ,wheel arches,bumper ect ,it will hopefully be mot d and painted by April ,dan.

I look forward to seeing it again…

Here Ron a few more

Hi all i remember seeing that GUY big J on the M3 and in Southampton docks and it gleamed,i surpose i took more notice of it because the first artic i drove was a big J an H reg of 1970 vintage VWN 475H which ironically ended up in Southampton on containers for Smart Freight.
I drove it from its base in Helston ,Cornwall in 1973 for 6 months and it was a plodder up hills with its Gardner 180 and 6 speed David Brown box and muscle power steering,what memories we have cheers Buzzer.

Just a few pics,get well soon Ronnie best wishes Dan

Hi Everyone

Thanks ever so much for all your posts and the photos. My Nan saw Ron in hospital yesterday and told him some of the stories, which have made him smile and reminisce. He’s not doing too great at the moment (and being as stubborn as he is!) he doesn’t want to be in hospital anymore. So we’re hoping he’ll be coming out tomorrow - as soon as I can I’ll head over and show him all the photos :slight_smile: He’ll be amazed that people remember (and some even own!) his lorries. (He doesn’t know anything about the Internet! Hence me being the messenger here :slight_smile: )

In particular, he’ll be so pleased that everyone recalls how clean his lorries were - they were his pride and joy! He can easily talk for hours and hours about all his lorries and the companies he worked for, so it’s great to show him all this. Hopefully it’ll even give him a little boost in his battle with the illness.

Thanks all :slight_smile:

I am sure there was a pic of the man standing next to the guy or the marathon, as I said earlier I used to see the guy and marathon near devons road in the late 80s and they were allways immaculate put anything I drove at the time to shame, please give him my best regards and get well soon, fredm

Hi Ron
Len Berry here so sorry that you are not feeling to well ,it is nice that so many people remember how well turned out your motors were.
different from when we worked for chunkie, and you worked for J&H if my memory serves me right when you had enough time on trunk to clean the inside if the glass instruments.I live in southend now and retired from silcocks 4years ago if your secretary wants to post a private message i will give him my phone number,also on the drivers forum there is a lad who wants to people that knew his father JOHNNIE ANNAN
iknow that we worked with him but i am sure that you knew him better thea me,heres wishing you well and hope to speak to you soon
Len