ROMANIA

bigvern1:
Going in a van!

Still need a viginette.
Speed is an issue. So are green cards.

bigvern1:
Going in a van!

you’ll need a CMR, vignette, and log book. they check the log book when you get the vignette.
the comment about a green card is a new one on me.

Harry Monk:
Basically, it’s like driving through the world’s biggest diddycoy camp. :wink:

With horses with no lights on and they are not even pie-bald to help with a reflection in the moonlight :wink:

Been once, Never again

gogzy:
Been once, Never again

why, what happened? i know it’s one of the dodgiest places in europe, but it can’t have been that bad.

bigvern1:
We will have as24 fuel cards and heaps of dough deposited into my bank account as running money. He’s put loads in so far, so no need to doubt it. Thanks for all the advice. I’m a big boy and always look for advice if I’m unsure. :smiley:

Enjoy your trip to Rumänien! & good luck

Went last year, Didn’t get robbed , roads were poor, strangely more so in the towns, plenty of places to stop, people were very friendly, would not hesitate to go again. When i left for the trip i was a bit wary, expected to see a ■■■■■ by the side of the road every five hundred metres, but they must have been in Spain :smiley: , Just keep your wits about you like you would in the rest of Europe

Barcelona_Karl:
Went last year, Didn’t get robbed , roads were poor, strangely more so in the towns, plenty of places to stop, people were very friendly, would not hesitate to go again. When i left for the trip i was a bit wary, expected to see a ■■■■■ by the side of the road every five hundred metres, but they must have been in Spain :smiley: , Just keep your wits about you like you would in the rest of Europe

That reminds me of my first venture into Czech all those years ago, in almost every layby there were signs advertising Kristal and Sekt. My mind was working overtime until I realised they were selling Bohemian cut glass and fizzy dry wine :stuck_out_tongue:

Mind you my mum got some lovely presents :grimacing:

Wheel Nut:

Barcelona_Karl:

That reminds me of my first venture into Czech all those years ago, in almost every layby there were signs advertising Kristal and Sekt. My mind was working overtime until I realised they were selling Bohemian cut glass and fizzy dry wine :stuck_out_tongue:

Mind you my mum got some lovely presents :grimacing:

Karl and Malc that reminds me of taking a newbie driver to deliver machinery for Lever brothers for a new plant in Hungary up near the Ukraine border . We had over nighted in Budapest and set off the next morning in glorious sunshine and the ladies ( I say ladies loosely) were stood at the side of the road in the layby’s wearing just the bikini bottoms. My mate shouted over the CB that he needed a comfort break and could we stop at the next layby " yes I said but you will be relieved of more than you are bargaining for if you do " those ladies didn’t like NO for an answer. I told him we would stop at the next layby as long as it was vacant. Some 30 mins later he was now screaming down the CB that he needed to stop or he would pee himself, I noticed that the next layby on our side of the road was vacant and told him we would stop but it would have to be a quick stop as the layby’s resident " lady " was on the other side of the road about 300 meters further up talking to her colleague ( must have been a quiet day ). We pulled into the layby and I stayed in my cab while my mate jumped out to wet his wheels. These ladies must have the eyes and speed of an eagle, no sooner had we put the handbrakes on and the pair of them we running towards us in just bikini bottoms on the opposite side of the road looking for a gap in the traffic to cross over. It was like the scene in the film 10 when Bo Derek is running in slow motion along the beach towards Dudley Moore. I shouted to my mate over the CB to hurry up or there would be more than his shaking hand around his pride and joy and she would be demanding 20DM for the privilage. Have you ever tried to pee when your in a hurry ? I could see my mate through the mirror trying as hard as possible to finish his comfort break and the look on his face was a picture, all I could hear was " I’m going as fast as I can " and I could tell that this rather quiet shy guy was getting nervous. I shouted they are nearly here and he jumped back into his cab slamming his door as fast as he could locking the door. We had escaped just in time and the look on the ladies faces was a sight realising they had missed out. 20 mins down the road and my mate shouts he needs to stop again " not another comfort break surely " I shouted on the CB, " sort of " he said " I need to change my pants I’m wet " . He later told me that he was panicking that much about the lady getting hold of him that he had jumped back in the truck without finishing, but guys you know what its like when you start you can’t always stop :laughing: :smiling_imp: