Romania

Wheel Nut:

Ex Haulier:
Leave the women alone, it’s the pox capital of europe. And take some copies of the “Big Issue” there is a strong demand for them.

Apart from the Russian Federation, the prevalence of Aids in women is higher in Spain, Italy & France than Romania.

why would anyone feel the need to be so up to date with such statistics?
or have you been doing some field research? :laughing:

wow Harry
your gonna have a great time never done the trip in a lorry apart from a 7.5 ton ex-librybus motor home or my car .
but what an adventure and i love every rough moment of it mate :slight_smile: but like has been said look out for them pot holes and if you see an old tyre sticking up in the road thets normaly a manhole with no lid on it :open_mouth: …only stop where there are other trucks as the trick over there is to gass you while you sleep through a vent then empty the truck :unamused: …dont go into Bucharest If you dont have to its a nightmare even in a car every man for him self :open_mouth: the railway crossings are a pain if you get stopped at one you will have a headache if your sat there long enough the sirens drove me mad its a terrible noise but does let you know to stop and wake you up a bit … they where re surfacing the E70 on my last trip so should be better now than it was …try and get soe sleep in Hungary before crossing the border that way you should get to most places depending where your going …oh and keep an eye out for the roma donky karts on bends stay safe Harry
have a great trip mate and I wish i was doing the run with ya :smiley:
Regards Roy

YAMBOL57:
only stop where there are other trucks as the trick over there is to gass you while you sleep through a vent then empty the truck :unamused: … Regards Roy

Absolute tosh, yes you stand a good chance of gettting robbed, but get real on the mythical gassing please.

Thanks everyone but it has all fallen through now, not for the first time and not for the last time, I’m sure!

Sorry to hear that Harry but hey its a bit on the cool side over there right now like -36 better trip in summer mate . :smiley:

Wheel Nut:

Ex Haulier:
Leave the women alone, it’s the pox capital of europe. And take some copies of the “Big Issue” there is a strong demand for them.

Apart from the Russian Federation, the prevalence of Aids in women is higher in Spain, Italy & France than Romania.

Maybe because Spain, Italy and France are full of romanian girls?

GBpub .
Not the same story that i read on a bulgarian forum and not the romanian one but Read on mate :slight_smile: oh and this one was spain :smiley: caravantalk.co.uk/community/ … nch-roads/

YAMBOL57:
GBpub .
Not the same story that i read on a bulgarian forum and not the romanian one but Read on mate :slight_smile: oh and this one was spain :smiley: caravantalk.co.uk/community/ … nch-roads/

Yes and as has been stated many many times over, it is all a load of bull.

Hi Harry well its on its off thats the norm. I never did that run in a truck or my own truck but i went to Sofia in 2007 in my sprinter van, so if it comes off again i can only give you old van prices just found them i shipped my computer here with xp a repair and now i have 7 ultimate. anyway i stopped at RO border to look for tax and change big guy comes to me with wad of tax stickers and money to change, so i went to a money changer out of him and his friends sight. then i drove to next garage and bought a tax sticker also with a written ticket. I had eurotraffic and AS24 then and i could only use AS24 in RO newly opened in 2007 although if you have UTA its only a step down from DKV, so i filled on AS24 2 normal guys filling a car and 1 walks to put trash in a bin near to me so i think is all true i,ve heard about this country as i,m getting nervous now. So next village i,m behind a car at least i think its a car but no way am i going past it and behind me is a smaller van, then a Turk comes past all of us just as the car is going to turn left, yes the smaller van is police and yes they pull me. well what a nice guy all he wanted to see was my written tax , thats all and his english much better than my typing, enjoy your trip he said. So RO in 2007 crap roads then maybe better now. People very good

Just before i sleep i,ll finish of my trip its 22 40 here. Well this 1, it was me that said when i,ll be in Sofia yes a 1 off job as i had in my van a certain machine in bits that the boss in UK was going to fly out and put it back together, so i already spent 12 hours near Masstricht airport at an office that i worked for and also a bed for a night in RO no i dont know the price but it was cheap so onto the ferry well before that i pulled over a few times as i was more of a problem for the trucks than the horse and cart,s with a back light as all the drivers didnt give a monkey,s about the trucks or trailers. so the ferry was a bit like woolwhich ferry apart you paid and could dip your toes in the Danuabe off into BG
last 1 off i have to buy my tax so i pulled to the right of the weighbridge, [ why do that toothpick] you already know why so he said on the bridge so then of course i had to negotiate, so last time i went through Yugo was in my very old 141 plus a bit extra under the trailer and by going through RO meant no papers. I got pulled twice in BG and twice in RO and then only time i paid was a weighbridge. A great trip and all good people even the police/customs yes also the guy on the weighbridge.And above all a good payer