Rogue operator list

We need one on here,to avoid the cowboy firms and bad payers,name and shame them.

I don’t think Rikki would like to deal with the lawsuits. Can you just imagine it? “We don’t pay” Transport sues TruckNet after a customer read they were on the blacklist for not paying staff?

Nah… too much trouble these days!

It’ll never be allowed and neither should it. It’d be a breeding ground for viscious rumours.

In this sense, UK is well behind eastern Europe.

In Slovakia or Czech rep. Debtors Lists are publicly available from websites of tax offices, Social Insurance Fund or medical insurance companies, updated monthly, it’s given by law.
In addition, many private companies have similar blacklists on their webs.
In CZ they have a web protal where anybody can report a non-payer, he then gets a notice to pay within 30days or appear on public blacklist. Many don’t care, but many others do, because many companies check who are they going to deal with.

It is strange this because in many places there is an on stop list hung up in full view of everyone, no one seems to worry about that. I am talking about tank washes, tyre suppliers and fuel stations, even pubs have been known to pin bounced cheques in full view of the customers.

As everyone operating in road transport is supposed to have sufficient financial standing to do so, the slightest inkling of a cash flow problem should have VOSA on the door step, even the freight forwarders should have some kind of bond like ABTA

You can’t call it a “black” list either. :unamused:

Santa:

And it’s also not baa baa black sheep anymore either :unamused: Beyond a joke so it is

Santa:

You can still earn black money in Belgium though

Rikki will be having kittens when he sees the thread title. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Our weighbridge ops can’t use the 'bridge tannoy to tell collect customers that they’re “on stop” because it causes embarassment…oh, diddums…should’ve paid your bills. :unamused:

Rob K:
Rikki will be having kittens when he sees the thread title. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

But NOT black ones I hope… :smiley:

if you can prove your facts by the way of an un paid invoice i cant see the problem myself, as we are always told on here you need to be able to back up your post with facts !!
i also think its a good idea as it may stop others working for said wont pay / late paying firms

Santa:

Rob K:

Bring back the Gollywog . . .

Surely we have a form of this anyhow. The post reads " Bulmers Teeside. Anyone know about these/ wages/ conditions etc. We ( collectively ) chip in with an accurate appraisal of our knowledge on said subject eg tossers - dont touch with barge pole. If a company was to of had a bad rep, what would be scenario if they changed hands, or management, or attitude to drivers?

toby1234abc:
We need one on here,to avoid the cowboy firms and bad payers,name and shame them.

my last employer would definately be on there,

toby1234abc:

VOSA should publish the traffic light system results. As it stands now you could unwittingly apply for and get a job with a ‘known’ rougue operator, the authorities know this info and do nothing to prevent you getting in an awkward situation !!!

i think it should be 2 lists.

1. cowboys, & bad payers
  2. cowboys, & good payers

Suedehead:

Santa:

Rob K:

Bring back the Gollywog . . .

The GOLLY has never been banned

Where I used to live there is a tyre place that proudly displays all the dud cheques, and very illuminating reading it is too, some prominent local knobs are on display for all to see, the over riding factor is the richer they are the less likely they are to pay! Interesting read whilst having a tyre changed!
And my second from last Guvnor would be on a blacklist, not for being a bad payer, just for being an arsewipe!! :smiling_imp:
‘Crazytrucker’