Roger pickering photo's

Punchy Dan:
Pete I think the Volvo on page 5 behind the sed Atki could be Georges Transport from iirc wingerworth ?

Hi Dan,
Thanks for the info on the Volvo, those Don-Bur slopers was a strong but light trailer, had a Foden with 14 ltr ■■■■■■■ and one of those Don-Burs and it tared in at 12.700, not a bad payload at 38 ton gross!

pete smith:

Hello Pete ,Cyril Forrester had 2 Scanias and i believe one is still at the yard near roving bridge Whixhall now in a sorry state ,he a couple of Fodens in Monsanto livery working between Ruabon and Newport
He also had one Foden on salt ,knicknamed a salt bomb tanker cause of its shape .
Glynwed Ketley had a few Seddatks, Herdsmans liked thier Renaults on steel and timber work ,and that white Renault in the triple shot is one of Jebbs again ,thank you Pete , Trevor.

steelboyf10:
Not sure if its the same one, but this was the string vest (copperism) 111 in the sale

Morning Graham,
Good to see you back! Andrew Cooper would sort that out for you, doubt he would ever be your friend again though!

moomooland:
1James Booth was founded in the early 1900’s, as coal merchants to the people of Bolton.
Still in business today they recently put five new Volvo FM 6x2 tractor units with factory-fitted lightweight mid-lift axles into service.
0 Commercial Motor article

Morning Paul,
Thank you for the info on Booths,
I have found a couple of Ridings motors and I will put them on the Riding thread for you, Cheer’s Pete

Chris Webb:
Ha ha,no I never had a lift with Arclid/Bathgate Silica Pete,it was BIS from Chelford.I wonder if Bathgate was part of BIS,I know it’s summat like Hepworth Ceramics nowadays.Pete or Dan might know.

Hi Chris,
The only sand hole I have been in is one just off junction 17, about a mile off the motorway on left hand side just before the A50 crossroads, Pete

tastrucker:

pete smith:

Hello Pete ,Cyril Forrester had 2 Scanias and i believe one is still at the yard near roving bridge Whixhall now in a sorry state ,he a couple of Fodens in Monsanto livery working between Ruabon and Newport
He also had one Foden on salt ,knicknamed a salt bomb tanker cause of its shape .
Glynwed Ketley had a few Seddatks, Herdsmans liked thier Renaults on steel and timber work ,and that white Renault in the triple shot is one of Jebbs again ,thank you Pete , Trevor.

Morning Trevor,
Thank you again for the information, never knew Jebbs had any Renaults! Pete

Looks like the Williams Atkinson has lost his bumper. :unamused:

Steetley’s Fodens often appeared adverts.

DEANB:
Looks like the Williams Atkinson has lost his bumper. :unamused:

Steetley’s Fodens often appeared adverts.

Hi Dean,
An attempt at weight saving by removing the bumper?!
Steetleys like Hoveringham had a big fleet so plenty of choice/new motor’s to photograph for the adverts. Pete

That is your lot until Thursday or Friday!

Is this one of Alf Arrowsmiths from Market Drayton :question:

scania2.jpg

Chris Webb:

Hi Chris,
I don’t think it is one of Alf Arrowsmiths, cannot remember him having any Scania’s, can’t make out the name on the door even with the Mrs glasses on!

A few more for you, stuck in yard at work, Police have shutdown the area as someone has been stabbed, lovely Wolverhampton eh?

The Fl10 artic tipper has a livery similar to Bassetts Roadways,but I don’t know if they ran Volvos. :confused:

pete smith:

Chris Webb:

Hi Chris,
I don’t think it is one of Alf Arrowsmiths, cannot remember him having any Scania’s, can’t make out the name on the door even with the Mrs glasses on!

Hello Chris and Pete ,that Scania is of M E Edwards Llanfair Caerininon ,above Welshpool still in business and running Dafs as well as the Scanias ,
Pete like the City Meats Leyland Marathon based at Hordley Ellesmere ,thank you Trevor