Roger pickering photo's

pete smith:

coomsey:

DEANB:
Morning Pete, Aitchison Topeka had a smart fleet of trucks,i take it they are still going ?

Prefer the old Tarmac colour scheme to the newer one.

The best bit about Tarmac green was they looked the same whether you washed em or not Dean, not that I ever did. Cliffe Hill wouldn’t pay me to do it so I didn’t. Cheers Coomsey

Morning Coomsey,
“They never went any faster if they was dirty or clean” an extract from the Harry Gill guide! Cheer’s Pete

Can’t argue with that Pete! Having said that I would give the cabs a swill even if I wasn’t getting paid for it, pointless exercise with Tarmac they still looked ■■■■■ cheers Coomsey

pete smith:

The DAF and the Scania ,both W A Keen Dawley Telford ,his depot was near the preserved railway at horsehay ,thank you Trevor

In 2003 Roger Bettley myself and 2 others had a management buyout of a tanker company called Direct North West Ltd based in Sandbach,I believe he is now involved in buying and selling property.(Not 100% certain on that though)

tastrucker:

pete smith:

The DAF and the Scania ,both W A Keen Dawley Telford ,his depot was near the preserved railway at horsehay ,thank you Trevor

Morning Trevor,
Thank you for the info, Pete

coomsey:

pete smith:

coomsey:

DEANB:
Morning Pete, Aitchison Topeka had a smart fleet of trucks,i take it they are still going ?

Prefer the old Tarmac colour scheme to the newer one.

The best bit about Tarmac green was they looked the same whether you washed em or not Dean, not that I ever did. Cliffe Hill wouldn’t pay me to do it so I didn’t. Cheers Coomsey

Morning Coomsey,
“They never went any faster if they was dirty or clean” an extract from the Harry Gill guide! Cheer’s Pete

Can’t argue with that Pete! Having said that I would give the cabs a swill even if I wasn’t getting paid for it, pointless exercise with Tarmac they still looked [zb] cheers Coomsey

Windows,mirror’s and lights clean, balls to the rest eh?!

Stanfield:
In 2003 Roger Bettley myself and 2 others had a management buyout of a tanker company called Direct North West Ltd based in Sandbach,I believe he is now involved in buying and selling property.(Not 100% certain on that though)

Morning John,
Thank you for the info, Pete

Nice to see the London brick Foden. They run alot of those here’s another one.

london brick foden.PNG

pete smith:

Car collection services based in Penyffordd near Mold ran this unit.

The last time I saw one of those Dennison units was in the workshop on Kinnerton Lane Hope around 2002.

Not sure if the company is still trading.

rp 615.jpg

DEANB:

I see the Foden is only a single drive which wouldn’t be so good for site deliveries ? Why would they only spec single ? would it be for increased payload rather than for traction purposes ? Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:

DEANB:

I see the Foden is only a single drive which wouldn’t be so good for site deliveries ? Why would they only spec single ? would it be for increased payload rather than for traction purposes ? Cheers Bewick.

Well the later 4000 series in Roger’s pic has a lifting back axle but I wouldn’t think the S83 would have? Maybe they didn’t venture off road with them? :confused:

Pete.

windrush:

Bewick:

DEANB:

Well the later 4000 series in Roger’s pic has a lifting back axle but I wouldn’t think the S83 would have? Maybe they didn’t venture off road with them? :confused:

Pete.

I was on brick lorries for 6yr n don’t recall having to use the diff lock. As you probably know the roads went in first n the bricks were offloaded along side of em. One off jobs, if it looked like I weren’t going to come out I didn’t go in. "You can have them where I say or I’m taking them back! " much face pulling n the odd bust up but sod em. Cheers Coomsey

DEANB:

Thanks for the picture Dean,

use a name:

pete smith:

Car collection services based in Penyffordd near Mold ran this unit.

The last time I saw one of those Dennison units was in the workshop on Kinnerton Lane Hope around 2002.

Not sure if the company is still trading.

Thank you for the information use a name, Pete

coomsey:

windrush:

Bewick:

DEANB:

Pete.

I was on brick lorries for 6yr n don’t recall having to use the diff lock. As you probably know the roads went in first n the bricks were offloaded along side of em. One off jobs, if it looked like I weren’t going to come out I didn’t go in. "You can have them where I say or I’m taking them back! " much face pulling n the odd bust up but sod em. Cheers Coomsey

Morning Dennis, Pete and Paul,
London Brick used Volvo 86’s and they were single drive as Coomsey says a basic road would have already been put in on site, a single drive would save weight and also a fair bit of fuel, I wish I could get away with having single drives! Cheer’s Pete

I must have had 7/8 motors on the bricks n, barring the Marathon, they were all twin drive. Weight wise golden type bricks, 16 packs, approx 24t gross, red nearer 30t especially if it rained on them overnight, you could tell with how the motor went. Biggest doings with bricks was the fact most site foremen n private customers thought you’d got a 10t tower crane. "Can you put em over the cab /tail end or on several occasions through that bedroom window!! "
Oh how we laughed.
Great pictures by the way Pete. Cheers Coomsey

I remember Pentons well,they used to come into Glass Glover (MFS) Maltby,good set of lads. Aare they still operating out of Ruyton 1X Towns?

Chris Webb:
I remember Pentons well,they used to come into Glass Glover (MFS) Maltby,good set of lads. Aare they still operating out of Ruyton 1X Towns?

Hi Chris,
Pentons have a big place on Maesbury road Oswestry, not sure if they still have the yard at Ruyton, Cheer’s Pete

coomsey:
I must have had 7/8 motors on the bricks n, barring the Marathon, they were all twin drive. Weight wise golden type bricks, 16 packs, approx 24t gross, red nearer 30t especially if it rained on them overnight, you could tell with how the motor went. Biggest doings with bricks was the fact most site foremen n private customers thought you’d got a 10t tower crane. "Can you put em over the cab /tail end or on several occasions through that bedroom window!! "
Oh how we laughed.
Great pictures by the way Pete. Cheers Coomsey

Cheer’s Coomsey, I will pass your kind remarks on to Roger who took the pics, I’m just the messenger!