Roger pickering photo's

pete smith:
Morning Chris,Dean and ROF,
Thanks for the photo of Lawson’s 88 Dean, I think ROF has gone for a lie down!
I’m sure that Corbett’s still own one of those Chinese 6 ERFs, he is running 8 legger and drag Scanias now, saw one yesterday on the A41at Whitchurch, I’m on the road for a few days so no pics, Cheers Pete

:laughing:
Morning Pete.
Proper driver ont road then.
No time sheet fiddling………………………… :grimacing:

I’ve got over my temporary “shivers & shakes” at the sight of another 88!
Now looking for a Big J with a Gard…………………………………………………………………………………………… :wink:

Retired Old ■■■■:

:smiley:
ner. Don’t be put off by saying the full word ROF. :laughing:

moomooland:
Seeing as Peter is otherwise unavailable at the moment thought i would keep the thread updated with a few old street scenes with plenty going on. :smiley:
Click on any picture to view it at full size.
9Alexandra Rd Hulme Manchester
8 Cross St Market St Manchester
7Westgate Huddersfield
6Kings Cross Halifax
5Upper Brook Street Manchester
2Scunthorpe
0Rotherham power station Greasborough Road
1Looking south down the old dual carriageway Scotch Corner July 1970
4Dover
3Dover 1980

Does anyone know who’s the F88/89 at the bottom R&D Transport is, as it pulling a Bickenhill Transport Services trailer, I worked for Bickenhill and can’t place them, Bickenhill was a joint venture between Richard Ford & Wares Transport and handled all the International traffic.

Chris Webb:

Retired Old ■■■■:

After all those years driving vehicles with decent engines I just can’t get my head around the word, G*n.
Although, as I seem to recall, they were a decent engine to have in the 1950s & early 60s. Rose-tinted glasses? :cry: :wink:

Chris Webb:

pete smith:
Morning Chris,Dean and ROF,
Thanks for the photo of Lawson’s 88 Dean, I think ROF has gone for a lie down!
I’m sure that Corbett’s still own one of those Chinese 6 ERFs, he is running 8 legger and drag Scanias now, saw one yesterday on the A41at Whitchurch, I’m on the road for a few days so no pics, Cheers Pete

:laughing:
Morning Pete.
Proper driver ont road then.
No time sheet fiddling………………………… :grimacing:

Hi Chris,
I wouldn’t say proper driver, a blaggard maybe!
It would never cross my mind to fiddle a timesheet!

Retired Old ■■■■:

Chris Webb:

Retired Old ■■■■:

After all those years driving vehicles with decent engines I just can’t get my head around the word, G*n.
Although, as I seem to recall, they were a decent engine to have in the 1950s & early 60s. Rose-tinted glasses? :cry: :wink:

It is a horrible word Gardner, either way you spell it, one meaning is a underpowered oil drinking engine which causes heated debates on here especially when in 8 cylinder form and the other meaning is even worse hedge cutting, grass mowing :imp: :imp:

pete smith:

Morning Pete.
If it’s “AO” on the DAF plate it’s Carlisle,if it’s “AD” it’s Gloucester. The livery on both Keens wagons looks the same?

That Britax ERF is a lot of lorry for a 4 wheeler. More than twice the cab and twice the power of the earlier 8 wheelers posted. I bet the driver ain’t on twice the wages though!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

the curries big Renault that’s in a couple o pics further back :wink: …driver was Allan Mccormick

Chris Webb:

pete smith:

Morning Pete.
If it’s “AO” on the DAF plate it’s Carlisle,if it’s “AD” it’s Gloucester. The livery on both Keens wagons looks the same?

Morning Chris,
I think there was 3 Keens operating at one time, Cheer’s Pete

newmercman:
That Britax ERF is a lot of lorry for a 4 wheeler. More than twice the cab and twice the power of the earlier 8 wheelers posted. I bet the driver ain’t on twice the wages though!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I only ever saw one other 4 wheel Olympic cab rigid and that was an owner driver or the owners son who drove it, moved rolls of cloth?

JIMBO47:
the curries big Renault that’s in a couple o pics further back :wink: …driver was Allan Mccormick

Thanks for the info JIMBO47

Morning Pete, Aitchison Topeka had a smart fleet of trucks,i take it they are still going ?

Prefer the old Tarmac colour scheme to the newer one.

DEANB:
Morning Pete, Aitchison Topeka had a smart fleet of trucks,i take it they are still going ?

The best bit about Tarmac green was they looked the same whether you washed em or not Dean, not that I ever did. Cliffe Hill wouldn’t pay me to do it so I didn’t. Cheers Coomsey

DEANB:

Morning Dean,
Thanks for the Tarmac pic,
Aitchison Topeka got bought out by Bibby’s a few yeas ago, Cheer’s Pete

coomsey:

DEANB:

The best bit about Tarmac green was they looked the same whether you washed em or not Dean, not that I ever did. Cliffe Hill wouldn’t pay me to do it so I didn’t. Cheers Coomsey

Morning Coomsey,
“They never went any faster if they was dirty or clean” an extract from the Harry Gill guide! Cheer’s Pete