Roger pickering photo's

pete smith:

download/file.php?id=252359&t=1
appleby’s.was bloxwich road nrth short heath

DEANB:
Heres another Butterley Brick motor and a pic of there plant.

This pic is the Iron works with the reservoir at the bottom. Last things made here where cranes shut the year I moved to Ripley. The brickwork where in Waingroves a mile or so away.

The modern view would have Derbyshire police HQ and helipad top left with the A610 bisecting the photo and the Midland Railway bottom left.

I’m a self exiled Londoner been living here for 9 years you can actually see the house my son was born in this pic

On the previous page you posted this pic Pete,Dewsbury Haulage. Here is one of there Fodens. :wink:

L1770p.JPG

steelboyf10:
Snicker truck prior to the FL, this F7, first on the fleet with a sleeper…well so long as you dont count an 86 with a board on the back shelf :unamused:

Morning Steelboy,
Thanks for the pic’s of Shones motors, never had anything to do with an F7 but had an F6 unit for the day, what a heap, glad to have the Leyland Cruiser back the day after! Cheer’s Pete

curnock:

pete smith:

download/file.php?id=252359&t=1
appleby’s.was bloxwich road nrth short heath

I’d forgot about them Shaun :blush: Cheer’s Pete

DEANB:
On the previous page you posted this pic Pete,Dewsbury Haulage. Here is one of there Fodens. :wink:

Morning Dean,
Thanks for the pic, I think I would stick with the Daf if given the choice! Pete

Cockney Pete3:

DEANB:

This pic is the Iron works with the reservoir at the bottom. Last things made here where cranes shut the year I moved to Ripley. The brickwork where in Waingroves a mile or so away.

The modern view would have Derbyshire police HQ and helipad top left with the A610 bisecting the photo and the Midland Railway bottom left.

I’m a self exiled Londoner been living here for 9 years you can actually see the house my son was born in this pic

Morning Pete,
I suppose it has all been demolished now? I keep meaning to visit that Midland Railway but will get round to it one day, thank you for the info, Cheer’s Pete

pete smith:

Cockney Pete3:

DEANB:

Morning Pete,
I suppose it has all been demolished now? I keep meaning to visit that Midland Railway but will get round to it one day, thank you for the info, Cheer’s Pete

:smiley:
Hi Pete.
Don’t stray too far up Butterley Hill towards Ripley and go int Prince of Wales boozer,“Ripley Pig” might get hold of yer. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Chris Webb:

pete smith:

Cockney Pete3:

DEANB:

Morning Pete,

Hi Pete.
Don’t stray too far up Butterley Hill towards Ripley and go int Prince of Wales boozer,“Ripley Pig” might get hold of yer. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Morning Chris,
When Pete mentioned Ripley I remembered from a past post something about the Ripley Pig! You didn’t did you?!

[/quote]
Morning Pete,
[/quote]
Hi Pete.
[/quote]
Morning Chris,
When Pete mentioned Ripley I remembered from a past post something about the Ripley Pig! You didn’t did you?!
[/quote]
:open_mouth:
No I didn’t. :smiley:
She hated Sheffield BRS night trunkers with a passion and I were following one up Butterley Hill when on a Ross trunk.She lobbed an empty bottle at BRS artic shouting summat like “Sheffield c***s” and it bounced off and clattered front of my SA400. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Chris Webb:

Morning Pete,
[/quote]
Hi Pete.
[/quote]
Morning Chris,
[/quote]
:wink:
:open_mouth:
No I didn’t. :smiley:
She hated Sheffield BRS night trunkers with a passion and I were following one up Butterley Hill when on a Ross trunk.She lobbed an empty bottle at BRS artic shouting summat like “Sheffield c***s” and it bounced off and clattered front of my SA400. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
[/quote]
A driver from the Chorley depot shot off with out paying her probably!

I think that the Falkirk Wheel was one of the last large projects to come out of Butterley? All long gone now anyway, site is earmarked for housing.

Pete.

windrush:
I think that the Falkirk Wheel was one of the last large projects to come out of Butterley? All long gone now anyway, site is earmarked for housing.

Pete.

Off thread , but I forgot to mention that the Lexus is nearly 13 years old Pete suitable for an elderly retired gentleman to tootle about in .

rigsby:

windrush:

Pete.

Off thread , but I forgot to mention that the Lexus is nearly 13 years old Pete suitable for an elderly retired gentleman to tootle about in .

Well that is still like saying “My Rolls Royce is thirteen years old” isn’t it? Or “I only live in an old house,… Chatsworth” :laughing:

Pete.

Chris Webb:

pete smith:

Cockney Pete3:

DEANB:

Morning Pete,

Hi Pete.

Prince of Wales? Must be called something else now and the only Ripley pig I know is the ex!!! Lol

Slightly more modern colour view of the works and all that’s left now is the brick buildings in the bottom right. Will be houses before long

Nice to see one of ■■■■ Pountains on here. Heres another one Pete. :wink:

pountains art.PNG

DEANB:
Nice to see one of ■■■■ Pountains on here. Heres another one Pete. :wink:

Morning Dean,
There is a tiny bit of overhang on that tank! Cheer’s for the pic mate, Pete

windrush:

rigsby:

windrush:

Pete.

Well that is still like saying “My Rolls Royce is thirteen years old” isn’t it? Or “I only live in an old house,… Chatsworth” :laughing:

Pete.

Morning Pete,
Those Lexus, IS200 model I think, was one of the nicest cars I’ve driven, very well made and smooth and Rigsby did live at Chatsworth I believe but had to move when ROF found out and kept coming round for free breakfasts and hiding BRS sheets and ropes in the stables, Cheer’s Pete