Roger pickering photo's

pete smith:

JAKEY:
Great photos again, Yes the Wellworthy has plenty f bling , looks like its a ■■■■■■■ !!! but I also spot a Perkins/rolls badge on the bumper . :laughing:

Hi Jakey,
Looks like a rag mans barrow, ■■■■■■■ badges, Perkins badge, Silver Knights head, Leyland bus wheel trims and what looks like Leyland Tiger badges on grill!, Pete

Thought I’d clicked on the thread with the red n White Atki for a min ,Anon :open_mouth:

Punchy Dan:

pete smith:

JAKEY:
Great photos again, Yes the Wellworthy has plenty f bling , looks like its a ■■■■■■■ !!! but I also spot a Perkins/rolls badge on the bumper . :laughing:

Hi Jakey,
Looks like a rag mans barrow, ■■■■■■■ badges, Perkins badge, Silver Knights head, Leyland bus wheel trims and what looks like Leyland Tiger badges on grill!, Pete

Thought I’d clicked on the thread with the red n White Atki for a min ,Anon :open_mouth:

:smiley: :smiley:

Hi Jakey,
2 Roadtrains based at Penkridge, D801 VNV was mine and F557 YWX was Paul Stanyards before it got sprayed white as all 8 of them turned a pinkish colour! We weren’t allowed any bling but you could get those motor’s off the clock without anything being said then an ex driver went in office and 60 mph max or you had warning letters!

IMG_20180721_160812 (1).jpg

IMG_20180721_160805 (1).jpg

Hi Pete,

Did a while at Argos myself out of Heywood from 2001 to 2006 here’s a couple of the 2000 reg Scania i drove back in the day.

Delivering to Walton store in Liverpool in 2003 with an urban trailer.

Scan 4-001.jpgParked in lay-by on A6 near Chorley in 2004.

moomooland:
Hi Pete,

Did a while at Argos myself out of Heywood from 2001 to 2006 here’s a couple of the 2000 reg Scania i drove back in the day.

1Delivering to Walton store in Liverpool in 2003 with an urban trailer.

0Parked in lay-by on A6 near Chorley in 2004.

Morning Paul,
I would still have been there to this day but they shut the Penkridge depot and opened the new one by Junction 14 at Stafford and took the store deliveries to Magna Park and made Stafford that home delivery, I’m not into 30+ drops a day and getting agro off customers, so I jacked in!

Pete you are some early bird I noticed the time of your first post today, cant you sleep ? Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Pete you are some early bird I noticed the time of your first post today, cant you sleep ? Buzzer.

Morning Buzzer,
Usually in work between 4 and 5, get the important tasks done first then crack on with a bit of work! Cheer’s Pete

Hi Pete

The AEC, used to belong to an owner driver from Buckley, on Mold Road, the truck went onto the classic world under Dave Hopkins, and now ■■? after Dave moved to Volvo…

p

p

5503602610_bc0927b87c_b.jpg

WG Foukes who sold out to WGM

steelboyf10:
Hi Pete

The AEC, used to belong to an owner driver from Buckley, on Mold Road, the truck went onto the classic world under Dave Hopkins, and now ■■? after Dave moved to Volvo…

That’s correct, it has a factory fitted 9-speed Fuller gearbox. A vague memory tells me that David sold it to someone in Ireland, but I could be wrong.

Heres another Butterley Brick motor and a pic of there plant.

butterley brick.jpg

gingerfold:

steelboyf10:
Hi Pete

That’s correct, it has a factory fitted 9-speed Fuller gearbox. A vague memory tells me that David sold it to someone in Ireland, but I could be wrong.

Thank you to Gingerfold and Steelboy for the information and pics of the AEC, good to see she survived!, Pete

DEANB:
Heres another Butterley Brick motor and a pic of there plant.

Hi Dean,
Thanks for the pics of Butterley’s, I think that is the A61 running along side the plant? Pete

Pete, great roadtrain photos ,what was with the pink ? yes I knew they went off the clock , oppps :laughing:

JAKEY:
Pete, great roadtrain photos ,what was with the pink ? yes I knew they went off the clock , oppps :laughing:

Jakey,
They were red but the soap they used to wash them every day took the “nature” out of the paint and they turned pink, you could rub the cab with your finger and have that colour on it! There is a picture earlier on in this thread with one of the red Roadtrains going the other way, must be when it was pretty new as it was still red!, I will find it and re-post it, Cheer’s Pete

to add to the brick and block theme, used to haul out of Lane End works

Snicker truck prior to the FL, this F7, first on the fleet with a sleeper…well so long as you dont count an 86 with a board on the back shelf :unamused: