Rochdale M62 J21 today?

Anyone know what went on there, saw the standing traffic as I came from m6 and headed into Trafford Pk, on the way back to Haydock I went up to the M602 and along that way whilst one of the 7.5 tonners went out towards the M60 Barton Bridge direction (I did tell him not to go that way but he did anyway). Anyway I was back at the yard with trailer dropped, curtains opened, time sheets done, digi downloaded, instructions for Sunday and away in my car and still no sign of the other driver :laughing: Last I heard was that they were going to have to re-tarmac the carriageway. A good start to Asda’s new depot at J21 !

Something about a lorry shedding its animal produce/waste? ? Then another van overturning. General ‘Friday Traffic’ mayhem.

Goldilox:
Something about a lorry shedding its animal produce/waste? ?

If that be the case then there’s a chance it may have been a PDM vehicle out of Widnes.

absolute nightmare that avoided by coming over woodhead then hit traffic at tintwistle got past that then on the m60 tookme 1 hour from j9 to 11 to the irlam turning had to go through the centre of manchester to get home as i live near rochdale

I went past eastbound moments after it had happened. A few cars and lorries were stood at the scene on both carriageways and two bods seemed to be trying to assist the occupant(s) of a 3.5 tonner(?) which was upside down. Meat which looked like sides of bacon was spread everywhere which may have come from the upturned vehicle.