Rochdale asda dc - new site

Has anyone worked at the new ASDA DC in Rochdale?

Any comments on the above; recently signed on for an agency who supply drivers there but haven’t managed any shifts yet…

Any help gratefully received

I know 2 lads that went in on the agency, and have left to go elsewhere on other agency work.
Dont know why, but the words ‘bag o ■■■■■■ where said.

Did all usual assessment blah blah blah beginning of december, did 1 shift, had plenty cancelled, gave up, got nice uniform for 20 quid though :unamused:

Transline was the primary agency for Wincanton on the Asda contract when it opened (it may have changed), they also supply the drivers on Argos @ Heywood and B & Q at Middleton for Wincanton.

Transline are the biggest bunch of cowboys going.

Well been to this site today for a TRANSLINE Induction and Site Tour etc. The set-up seems quite impressive as regards security, kit training, canteen facilities etc. I went along with around 12 others all with possibly the same objective; Wanting to work there but for Wincanton and not Transline. All their own drivers seemed happy enough, no long faces or pi$$3d off attitudes.

The training manager (Sarge Big Steve Buckley) said the site was running at around only 40% with only 25 drivers actually being employed by Wincanton at the mo.

My questions:

What’s it like to work for WINCANTON for ASDA??
Hourly Rates?
Number of Holidays?

What is a typical shift system for this site?

Does anyone actually work here?

The furthest store serviced by this RDC I could see was Hazel Grove!! Real distance.

Oh the brekky was cheap as well.

Hope someone has answers?

Oh and we don’t need to know how crap TRANSLINE are; that’s not one of the questions… :laughing:

Begs the question as to why they are STILL having inductions of 12 drivers at a time.

I got booked for sat sun mon, I turned another job down paying proper sat sun rates, only to have them cancel early afternoon. Needless to say I moved on elsewhere

As for the hourly rate, did you not think to ask on the induction, if not why not?

btw, flat rate right through, 10 quid premium for Sat, 15 quid Sun, 9\10 hour shift, though maybe that will change once skem goes?

stevegm3:
Begs the question as to why they are STILL having inductions of 12 drivers at a time.

As for the hourly rate, did you not think to ask on the induction, if not why not?

Interested in Wincanton’s hourly rates not Transline’s!

Transline are going through drivers like there’s no tomorrow, obviously promising lots of shifts and providing very few. A lot moving on as need to earn a crust. Oh and then there’s the high percentage that can’t really drive; dropping trailers on knees, smashing headboards on fridges in etc etc.

they offered transfers to this place to all lea green drivers last april and as far as i know not one driver went.
i think the rate being offered was £9.50ph straight through no overtime rate.
wincanton were advertising for ages on there own website and couldnt get drivers or warehouse staff

Done six shifts here without hiccup and then get stood down FFS.

Seems they have twice as many drivers as they actually need here.

Job’s a piece of pish, everyone seems helpful.

Diesel up trailer after every run seems a bit bonkers, most trailers are still full after extremely short runs, Rochdale, Bury etc. It must cost more doing another complete lap of the site to get the fuel key from Transport.

BUMP - did a search to find out details for ASDA Rochdale.

I see they (Wincanton - not Transline) are advertising, so was just searching to see if anyone knew the rates or likely shift pattern et?

link to job advert

Would rather lick the floor in the Abattoir than work for asda ■■■■■■

waynedl:

I see they (Wincanton - not Transline) are advertising, so was just searching to see if anyone knew the rates or likely shift pattern et?

link to job advert

It’s about £9.50 straight through. 45 hours, very little overtime. Any 5 out of 7, so weekends.

Nothing to write home about.

rob22888:

waynedl:

link to job advert

It’s about £9.50 straight through. 45 hours, very little overtime. Any 5 out of 7, so weekends.

Pretty much what I expected. I’ll not bother then.
Would sorta accept that for Mon-Fri, but not working weekends for that

waynedl:

rob22888:

waynedl:

link to job advert

Pretty much what I expected. I’ll not bother then.
Would sorta accept that for Mon-Fri, but not working weekends for that

Same. I live nearby and had high hopes when I heard of that place opening up… nice cushy decently paid supermarket number on my doorstep.

One big fat let down unfortunately. :frowning: