Robson's of Carlisle

Hello
I felt it was time for a Robsons thread amongst the other transport forums photo threads.
So, come on, lets get those photos out!
Kindest regards
CG

Come on, there must be someone out their with Robsons photos?
Kindest regards
CG

Here,s some I posted on another thread ages ago

transportphotos.com

JSc00317-01 Robsons of Carlisle Leyland Roadtrain.jpg
JLC00184-1 Robsons of Carlisle 2800 DAF.jpg
VS01621 Robson of Carlisle Foden.jpg

Stanfield:
Here,s some I posted on another thread ages ago4
transportphotos.com

Hello Stansfield
Thankyou for the photos marra. There are excelent
Kindest regards
CG

when i was a lad…!!

I wrote away to Robson’s of Carlisle …when i was about 12… for a list of all their lorry names…

like border hunter , border valour border lass and so forth…then i would try to tick them off as i spotted each one…!!

how sad am i … :confused:

wonder if anybody out there has got one of those list’s…would love to have a wee look through it…

So what happened to Robson’s… where they taken over by United Glass… if my memory serves me right…

any story’s and more pic’s…

man-tga:
when i was a lad…!!

I wrote away to Robson’s of Carlisle …when i was about 12… for a list of all their lorry names…

like border hunter , border valour border lass and so forth…then i would try to tick them off as i spotted each one…!!

how sad am i … :confused:

wonder if anybody out there has got one of those list’s…would love to have a wee look through it…

So what happened to Robson’s… where they taken over by United Glass… if my memory serves me right…

any story’s and more pic’s…

Hello man tga
Thankyou for your post marra. Many thanks
Yes, people did get the Robsons fleet lists (don’t know how many though). If you want to have a look at one, try and get your hands on a copy of Bob Tucks Robsons bok which has copys of the lists in them.
Your right, UG took over Robsons in the 1970’s and by the 1990s, the business was taken over by Bunzel Distribution (i think)
Kindest regards
CG