Robson road haulage scania centurion early nintey's

that wernt robsons of carlisle was it?

:slight_smile: Nice photo of when Scanias were good. Umm you mention the Centurion, that, I believe was the high roof model. :confused:

Mal…
No, different Robsons,
This is Charlie Robson’s of Evelyn St Deptford.
I used to live opposite his yard :open_mouth:

DAFMAD.
It is a centurion if you look at the side of the cab Just below and to the left of the door handle you can just see the "Centurion " Plaque which had each centurions individual number embossed on it

cheers rikki, i know the old robsons of carlisle got eaten up somewhere but i wondered if that was some modern tacky type livery they went over to towards the end!

DAFMAD:
:slight_smile: Nice photo of when Scanias were good. Umm you mention the Centurion, that, I believe was the high roof model. :confused:

The Centurion was available as a Topline Streamline, as well as flat-roof Streamline.

As the Classic is now, the Centurion was available on different models in the Scania R-cab range at the time.

there were some very nice centurians about i remember ronnie fielding conference trucking having one and john philips of worcester his was covered in murals of roman centurians and had a custom interior with roman theme and both trucks were 500bhp topline models :laughing:

:slight_smile: Anyone know what the difference was the between Centurion and other 3 - series ? ( I thought was High Roof, but obviously not ) I admit to not ever experiencing one, in the flesh :slight_smile:

The Centurion was not the name given to the 3-series with the revised front (ie. the last 3-series before the 4-series was introduced).

I think that is where the confusion seems to be coming from.

The name given to the final 3-series variant was ‘Streamline’, although I’m unsure if it was ever used officially by Scania.

The Centurion was a limited edition of the Streamline which had commemorative features such as the exterior plaque. There were other interior features that identified the Centurion - perhaps someone who knows what they were can list them?

from what i remember it was alloy wheels air horns then inside leather seats cd player cruise control and im sure it was a leather steering wheel.

Carl. I think you are geting confused with the Master Centurion. This was a one off special speced up by Scania GB with the gold paint / leather seats / fax / alloys and other options. It was then given to Children In Need and they auctioned it to the highest bidder. It went for £100.000 & this was 1991. It went to a crowd in Kent but their name escapes me . Fieldings bought it when it was about 18 months old. The Centurions were available in any R cab , topline or flat roof & were to comemorate Scanias 100 years in business. Each one had a gold centurion badge on the front & a plaque on each side showing which number from 1 to 100 it was.

Darren (Daz) is the one to ask about the centurion. He drove the R E Fieldings 500 centurion for six years. It was then sold to Mckellers in London.

The Centurion package was available on any type of R Cab Scania.
For example, Kentvale at Purfleet had one that was a flat roof , non Steamline version, as did Carr Bros, who had 3 Topline versions but non Steamlined.
The fact was that because most people ordered a Centurion as a flagship, they tended to go for a Streamline Topline version.
They could be 113 or 143.
The Centurion extra’s for numbers 1 - 99 were:

Seat covers with Centurion logo
Air Horns
Wheel Trims
Full Fogs/Bumper spots
Colour coded mirrors (optional)
CD Player
Drivers wash bag, towel & watch
Sun visor Graphics & edition number badges

The one I drove for Ronnie Fielding was The Master Centurion No 100

As well as the above it came with:

Pearlescent gold paint
Alcoa wheels
10 changer CD
Telehone
Fax machine
Leather seats
Video
Television
Curtains and sleeping bags from Liberty London

Its first owner was SEAS (South East Artic Services) who never ran it but loaned it back to Scania for promotional use at Truckfest’s and motorshows.

It then past back to Scantruck Purfleet which is where Fieldings bought it from.
After 6 years, McKellar’s bought it, originally to pull the boy’s race transporter but it ended being double manned down to Spain every week.
I believe that it is now owned by someone in Northern Ireland.

Ralph Davies had a few centurians if you look at there web site theres a picture of one

Rikki-UK:
Mal…
No, different Robsons,
This is Charlie Robson’s of Evelyn St Deptford.
I used to live opposite his yard :open_mouth:

DAFMAD.
It is a centurion if you look at the side of the cab Just below and to the left of the door handle you can just see the "Centurion " Plaque which had each centurions individual number embossed on it

isnt evlyen st where convoys wharf is at the end.

Robsons of Carlisle became part of UCI Logistics,aka useless “charlies” in lorries, and are now part of NYK Logistics ,no you kant?.
The old Finderns,was it?,depot at the side of the A38 south of Derby and north of the Toyota plant is now a staging post for goods being delivered into the Toyota plant.

F B Atkins at Findern on the A38.

Thats the beastie…They wouldnt recognise thier old yard now… :open_mouth:

I loved all those cream and burgandy Fodens of ‘Robsons’ that ran out of Carlisle with thier own indivisual names long before ES came on the scene.

Hello all,

I’m new to this lark. But I did used to drive the 100 centurion for mckellars years ago.