Robroy's rambling football thread

Sorry to hijack the thread, seeing as it was me who mentioned football first. :blush: :smiley: …but just indulge me for one post, then I’ll shut the ■■■■ up about it. :smiley:

I’m a fan, I love Newcastle Utd, I hate Mike Ashley :smiling_imp: , he runs the club as a business and has no interest in the football side.
He has no, or at (least very little) intention of selling the club, it is a self publicising means of upping and maintaining his business profile…I mean, who tf ever heard of him before he bought Newcastle? :bulb:

I would love to see Bruce do well at the club, but (if you’re remotely interested :smiley: ) read Kevin Keegan’s book, the FIRST page starts with his description of the impossible situation trying to manage a club with an owner who stopped him from actually doing the job he was employed to do.at EVERY opportunity. :open_mouth:

Then we get a world class manager like Rafa, who got us promoted, then steered a Championship level team for 2 seasons in the Prem league to 2 mid table finishes…what could he have done with a team like Keegans mid 90s class side. :bulb:

So despite Bruce’s intentions, and enthusiasm as a fan and a Geordie himself, he will just be Ashley’s (and his sidekick’s I can’t even remember that ■■■■ 's name) puppet…
He was even the 10th choice after 8 refusals, the first choice being Sam ■■■■ Allardyce :open_mouth: :open_mouth: …how cynical is that towards the fans, he’s had one shot at it, and it was the most boring football ever seen.

He’s actually offered Bruce a bonus figure for every position finished above the bottom 3 ffs. :unamused: …that is the level of his aims and ambition for the upcoming season. :unamused:

So sorry to those that are bored ■■■■ less by all this :blush: , and by my passion for the club, so to get back on thread I reckon it needs somebody like Boris who would stand up to that fat ■■■■ …or he could even buy the club. :laughing:

Don’t know if the language on this clip breaks forum rules, but this guy is as passionate about Newcastle as I am.

youtu.be/R1XqW2LGMNc

Can the mods want to make this into another thread?..
Maybe it’s an idea? :bulb:

Cheers Reef for that.

If anybody wants to contribute and answer, spot on.
However…

If you don’t like football just ignore it :bulb: …, and don’t waste your time trying to wind me up :laughing: …, I know Newcastle are a rubbish side, I know footballers are overpaid prima donnas, I know it’s all money now, and all the rest of it, …heard it all before, water off a duck’s wotsit. :unamused:

So…if there are any Toon fans on here, (or even football fans in general) …what do you reck about the situation at St James Park and Mike Ashley ■■

Sorry mate, you lost me when you said Rafa was a world class manager. Took me 20 minutes to stop laughing and get up off the floor

OVLOV JAY:
Sorry mate, you lost me when you said Rafa was a world class manager. Took me 20 minutes to stop laughing and get up off the floor

I share your pain rob, as a lifelong Birmingham city fan we’ve had our share of dodgy owners. the current ones are faceless we don’t have a clue who they are. they have a rep at the club and his name is dong , that just about sums him up…

as far as bruce is concerned I always liked him, he played for us then managed us and took us to the promised land.
he wont be taking you to any champions league but he wont take you down…

as our great anthem say’s you’ve just gotta “keep right on to the end of the road”…

youtu.be/VLEPKhjeFtw

First game of the season next Saturday - 03 / 08 - Up the Mariners-

robroy:

OVLOV JAY:

I’m feeling benevolent today, so at a push, I’ll say he was world class, before he came to Newcastle :laughing:

For the sake of not bunging Benitez 50 to 100 million which is peanuts in the Premier league Ashley lost a good manger who could given time actually done something for the club as well being the first manger since Keegan that those fickle Geordie fans have liked :smiley:

Mazzer2:
For the sake of not bunging Benitez 50 to 100 million which is peanuts in the Premier league Ashley lost a good manger who could given time actually done something for the club as well being the first manger since Keegan that those fickle Geordie fans have liked :smiley:

I agree with the first part, but you’re forgetting Sir Bobby, arguably our best ever manager (who was sacked for ‘only’ finishing 3rd was it :open_mouth: ).and Alan Shearer who managed on an interim basis for last few games of 08/09 season…both loved by us ‘‘fickle fans’’ :smiley:

OVLOV JAY:

robroy:

OVLOV JAY:

I’m feeling benevolent today, so at a push, I’ll say he was world class, before he came to Newcastle :laughing:

He could have been world class at Newcastle also Jay, if Ashley (in top 10 rich list) had fully backed him and let him buy the players that he had wanted.
But a consolidation in the Premier league was (and still is). the height of Ashley’s football ambitions. :imp:

robroy:

Mazzer2:

I agree with the first part, but you’re forgetting Sir Bobby, arguably our best ever manager (who was sacked for ‘only’ finishing 3rd was it :open_mouth: ).and Alan Shearer who managed on an interim basis for last few games of 08/09 season…both loved by us ‘‘fickle fans’’ :smiley:

But what about Chris Houghton he did a good job under the circumstances but despised by the fans? To be fair until Ashley is gone the club will never reach it’s full potential the clubs that are currently doing well seem to have settled regimes in charge and using a mixture of youth development and good transfers deals neither of which is happening at Newcastle

Mazzer2:

robroy:

Mazzer2:

But what about Chris Houghton he did a good job under the circumstances but despised by the fans?

Oh yeh, I forgot about Chris Hughton, he got us promoted back to the Premier league in the next season…then they sacked him ffs !. :open_mouth:
Just another episode in the comedy show that is Newcastle Utd ran by Ashley. :unamused:

To be fair mate he was hardly ‘‘despised’’ by the fans, on the contrary in fact, he done a good job while he.was there, I certainly had no probs with him.

Saw this and thought of you Robroy :smiley:

the maoster:

Talk about kicking a man when he’s down be surprised if the tv is still in one piece after Sunday

Mazzer2:

the maoster:

Talk about kicking a man when he’s down be surprised if the tv is still in one piece after Sunday

Just what I’ve come to expect from Maoster…and him originally a Newcastle lad :unamused:
I’m gonna knock his fridge off next time we park up together. :grimacing: :smiley:

Tbf mate they did not do too bad against a side like Arsenal, we had a few chances and that new lad Joelinton looks promising, but him and Almeiron need to work on their partnership.
Got Norwich next game, so I’m optimistic.

Btw my telly’s fine…I watched it in the pub. :laughing:

robroy:

Mazzer2:

the maoster:

Just what I’ve come to expect from Maoster…and him originally a Newcastle lad :unamused:
I’m gonna knock his fridge off next time we park up together. :grimacing: :smiley:

Tbf mate they did not do too bad against a side like Arsenal, we had a few chances and that new lad Joelinton looks promising, but him and Almeiron need to work on their partnership.

Here’s what’s left of the pub…

01A71F4C-F6A1-4E8A-9237-0427AF999194.jpeg

robroy:

Mazzer2:

the maoster:

Just what I’ve come to expect from Maoster…and him originally a Newcastle lad :roll:

Are you sure he’s not an undercover Mackem?

^^^^^ That’s it Mazzer! Solicitors letter en route to you. How very dare you? :wink:

the maoster:
^^^^^ That’s it Mazzer! Solicitors letter en route to you. How very dare you? :wink:

Could of been worse at least I didn’t accuse you of being a Smoggie :smiley: