Robbie ?

Why don’t we just all ignore the fool ?
he likes thet fact that we respond to his crap and probable pulls his plonker as he reads the reactions.
Lets just ignore him from now on and let him sit in his own sad world. :smiley:

Problem sorted :smiley:
I just went to his profile an added him as ‘FOE’ he is now blocked so we should all do this then we don’t have to read any of his posts :laughing:

Pat Hasler:
Problem sorted :smiley:
I just went to his profile an added him as ‘FOE’ he is now blocked so we should all do this then we don’t have to read any of his posts :laughing:

Hi Pat,

:bulb: If anybody on here doesn’t like anybody else, then what you’ve done is certainly an option open to all.

He is not a foe just someone who says stuff and was not willing to back it up with personal exp or some kind of insight. You notice I have only called him a Mental Midget once since Dave asked me to stop. And that only because he said something improper first.

It’s just seems to me that he is plainly upset because he can’t do what most of us have done and got out of the UK or came and couldn’t hack it.
We all have better life styles over here than he can dream of. It doesn’t mean I don’t miss England because I do, but the lifestyle, home and income is far higher than anything I ever could have back there.
he is just jealous … if we all hit the ‘foe’ button we won’t have to read anything from him.
It works great :wink: when he makes a post all I can see is a thin spot saying he had posted.

he is getting rave reviews on other forums as well, went into one told us women we shouldn’t be driving, then went in and asked why bus drivers make so much. He is making all kinds of friends and alienating everyone.

Brentanna:
he is getting rave reviews on other forums as well, went into one told us women we shouldn’t be driving, then went in and asked why bus drivers make so much. He is making all kinds of friends and alienating everyone.

Sounds very much like a woman hating homosexual or even a future serial killer :wink:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Pat Hasler:

Brentanna:

Sounds very much like a woman hating homosexual or even a future serial killer :wink:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I thought you were watching rugby :open_mouth:

face it, you’re an addict :laughing:

I suppose the few days or weeks we have to put up with these kids is during the holidays, unless he is on daycare release, they do tend to give them periods of electro convulsive therapy and return them to the community. If that doesn’t work trepanning is popular :stuck_out_tongue:

It seems the posters come and go under different non de plume

Pat Hasler:
It’s just seems to me that he is plainly upset because he can’t do what most of us have done and got out of the UK or came and couldn’t hack it.
We all have better life styles over here than he can dream of. It doesn’t mean I don’t miss England because I do, but the lifestyle, home and income is far higher than anything I ever could have back there.
he is just jealous … if we all hit the ‘foe’ button we won’t have to read anything from him.
It works great :wink: when he makes a post all I can see is a thin spot saying he had posted.

I am with Pat on this one, he is obviously a

It’s OK to attack a person’s posts, but NOT the person. dd

Pat Hasler:

Says who? You? Everyone is entitled to their opinion, even this Robbie guy who seems to have some of you well wound up! That’s if it’s his intention to wind up any of you in the first place…?

Not everyone thinks that North America is the land of milk and honey (whether they’ve tried it or not), and to suggest that people might be “jealous” of Ex-Pats is nothing short of childish. Best of luck to all you guys trucking in Canada and the USA, but lets be completely honest, if trucking in Canada is so wonderful, especially compared to the job here in the UK, then why have Canadian companies had to come to Europe so much down the years to recruit drivers■■?

Got to laugh at Mr Bob the Dog - a few months ago he posted on the main forum that he’d come back to the UK for a few days and how the roads, traffic and god knows what else, were a disgrace, and how he couldn’t wait to get back to Canada. It was one of the most patronising and condescending posts I’ve read on here and yet, he’s asking on another thread on here that Robbie “be removed” from the forum.
Why should he be removed from the forum? He’s entitled to his opinions as much as the next guy.

Pat Hasler - I can’t believe you’ve actually dedicated a new thread to this Robbie bloke. Sounds like he’s hit some sensitive areas with a few of you…

Yep, he’s got you so wound up that you followed him from those forums to this one! Are you a truck driver Miss Brentanna? Or are you just a google queen?

You miss the point completely though ANDY1961, what robbbie is doing is gobbing off that Canada is no good, not that parts of it are no good, but the whole place is no good and that nobody can make it out here because it’s so bad, well that just isn’t true, he’s not saying that in his opinion it’s no good, he’s using facts & statistics to make his point, well, I for one, am living proof that you can make it in Canada, so are the rest of the posters on here, if you take the time to read through his posts, you’ll see that he’s quite confrontational in his posts, turning the other cheek is not a phenomenon I’m familiar with, so he get’s back as good as he gives, although he doesn’t respond often, he just lights the touch paper :open_mouth:
I believe I can speak for all of us ex-pats when I say that we couldn’t give a flying ■■■■ whether people are interested or not, those that are will read what we post and enjoy it or find it useful, those that don’t have any interest would not even be wasting the time it takes to read the stuff on this forum surely :question:
This forum can be a useful tool for the people that do think that all things Canadian and American are great, that is why we dispute the crap that our friend robbbie posts, he is a troll, plain and simple, he tried it on by saying that bus drivers earn better than lorry drivers on the UK forum, just to provoke a reaction, on that he failed, the bus drivers all told him it was a much worse job than driving lorries, here’s the link phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=65298&sid=09ca3154689f24f1e32166f81c9b3 now you can go on there and have a pop at all the people who disagree with our robbbie on that thread too :unamused:
> Got to laugh at Mr Bob the Dog - a few months ago he posted on the main forum that he’d come back to the UK for a few days and how the roads, traffic and god knows what else, were a disgrace, and how he couldn’t wait to get back to Canada. It was one of the most patronising and condescending posts I’ve read on here
Why so funny, it’s true, driving over there is not a pleasure any more, constant traffic, poor or non exsistant facilities, ridiculous HSE rules, etc etc etc. Could you really say that you enjoy your job now as much as you did 25yrs ago :question: If you’ve been doing it that long? (not being patronising) Most of us here have that experience, some of us have more and we all once again enjoy our jobs, mainly because of the lack of traffic, the abundance of facilities and the complete lack of HSE bullcrap. The fact you find it patronising and condescending that BTD would say that is exactly the same way we feel about robbbie, yet BTD made an observation, he stated an opinion, he didn’t say that every British lorry driver was being taken for a mug, there’s a big difference.
To answer your question about why Canadian companies recruit from overseas, that’s easy, because they’re crap firms to work for :open_mouth: You’ll note, if you take the time to read through some of the threads that are of no interest to you, that none of us work for the company that we came over with, we haven’t exactly been quiet about it, so it only goes to show that we’re not biased about Canada, we tell it as it is :wink:

I would never call this place the land of milk and honey believe me … the health service alone takes that deam away and the taxes are astronomical :open_mouth: :open_mouth: but I do have a better life.
The reason companies advertise for Brit drivers is because its such a hard life up there with being away a lot of the time and most Canadians don’t want it. down here there are more local jobs around. Companies also realise that they will be able to pay less to imigrants and those people are happy because it’s still better pay than in the UK.
I know this … If I still lived in England I could never own a house with a swiming pool, jacuzi, 3 double bedrooms, two full sized bathrooms, 7 downstairs rooms, full sized basement, two 4x4 cars a large amount of land and streets that are safe to walk in.

Neither would I, Pat, although the health service in Canada beats the US hands down, and I think it is better than the UK, too, but that is just my opinion based, I have to add, on my own experience here.

ANDY1961, I am glad you find me amusing. I went back there through necessity last year, and I have to come back again around Easter. I am not looking forward to it because it is a hectic place to be. Look at all the posts about how bad the roads are, how many people are complaining that they get no bonus for Christmas, how silly the rules are… It is not just me, but you are singling me out hoping to nettle me and it won’t work.

I made a conscious decision to leave. I have been driving trucks since I was 18, so I do know the score over there and in Europe. It is not a dig at the UK so much, but the lifestyle no longer suited me and I have improved my lot by leaving. Do you really consider Glasgow such a wonderful place? 3" of snow and you are stuck and complaining?

As for robbbbiiiieee, well Mark has it covered. He hates anything to do with North America with no experience to justify his opinions. If he were less vitriolic then it wouldn’t matter, but he comes up with spurious “facts” which some, clearly you among them, consider justified.

bobthedog:
As for robbbbiiiieee, well Mark has it covered. He hates anything to do with North America with no experience to justify his opinions. If he were less vitriolic then it wouldn’t matter, but he comes up with spurious “facts” which some, clearly you among them, consider justified.

This sadly is the case all over the UK, I meet people who ‘hate’ the USA on every visit, people who are downright rude to Kate when they meet her and those who say they have no desire to even visit the place. I have to admit that untill 1992 when I frist visited a friend in the US I had much the same views, I hated the arrogance of what I thought were all Americans and just like these fools I had watched too much TV :laughing: After my very first visit all I wanted to do was return again and again and I did so every year untill I came to live here.
Fools like Robbie have no idea what the USA is like really so they decide to knock it in every way they can.
I don’t denny that I still love every visit I make to England, but if I didn’t live here and have the job I have there is no way I could afford to fly across the Atlantic every year, rent a beautifull cottage for 2 weeks and treat all my UK family to certain things having no financial worries when I am there.

The jealousy of these very sad people who have their heads stuck up their backsides is depressing :frowning:

The difference Pat is that you have actually lived it not just read about it on the internet or in some liberal newspaper. Cheers Merry Christmas