Rob Orsborne's AEC Mandator

In the middle of a complete restoration.

Hiya …c mon thats not fare just one shot. no before shots no cab shots will she be ready for AEC 100
John

That looks a lovely deep finish on that chassis, do people still use coach paint or are we into something more modern?

flickr.com/photos/21437618@N02/4276651013/

Show us some more before pictures please, :stuck_out_tongue:

ive got a few pictures of it how russ fenwick bought it

Scania27:
ive got a few pictures of it how russ fenwick bought it

That is more interesting as someone mentioned about show ponies earlier

Scania27:

I like the last type grill you dont see many restored AECs with it ,but then again the Fenwick photo looks great too so i will shut up :wink:

ramone:

Scania27:

I like the last type grill you dont see many restored AECs with it ,but then again the Fenwick photo looks great too so i will shut up :wink:

Hiya… RAMONE!!! thats a leyland stickonthing not AEC …how can you…
John

3300John:

ramone:

Scania27:

John

I thought that was the final update for AEC the grille was on earlier Leylands they must have had some left over and dumped them at Southall, i remember a few tankers with that grille and the AEC letters at the top as opposed to the bottom

ramone:

3300John:

ramone:

Scania27:

John

I thought that was the final update for AEC the grille was on earlier Leylands they must have had some left over and dumped them at Southall, i remember a few tankers with that grille and the AEC letters at the top as opposed to the bottom

Hiya ramone. your right. a good pal of mine had a aec mandator (nbf??p) she was one of the last 6 aec’s
to be completed that day, all aec’s built after that was fitted with the aluminum grill instead of the chrome one.
they also had the leyland motif on the hubcaps. that aluminum grill was like on the leyland buffalo/lynx and ergo super comet.
John

3300John:

ramone:

3300John:

ramone:

Scania27:

John

Hiya ramone. your right. a good pal of mine had a aec mandator (nbf??p) she was one of the last 6 aec’s
to be completed that day, all aec’s built after that was fitted with the aluminum grill instead of the chrome one.
they also had the leyland motif on the hubcaps. that aluminum grill was like on the leyland buffalo/lynx and ergo super comet.
John

Wasn`t there another grille too that looked like it was made from plastic ,it had thicker latts