Rob K's rant of the night : Scania's

Went to check fluids. Pulled front corner out and it fell off in my hand. All the hinges had snapped off. Great.

one of our scanias had the same problem but it was hwading up the road when it come off. so if you see a blue littlewoods scanny with a cream side panel thats the one. :wink:

jon

i love my r series!

paul

flatbedman:
i love my r series!

Yep the R-series is great :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Rob K:

It’s official. I hate Scania 4-series to the same extent I hate Renault Premiums :open_mouth: :open_mouth: .

Second shift completed for a local haulier in a topline Scania 420 4-series, on a 53-plate.

How can driver’s like them ? ? ? I just don’t get it. They are truly [zb] with a capital S.

what took you so long
i told for years they are garbage
oh hello by the way
jon

Well that must be 3 Scanias that have been poorly maintained, maybe they are just not up to it, Our Company have had a fair chance to test them, and they do maintain them regularly. There will be no more Scanias in the group :smiley:

We have just had 5 MAN XXL delivered on UK plates :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t use WD-40 in the locks!!! It’s 95% kerosene, and will leave your tumblers dry in less than a week!! Always use lock lube, something with graphite. Oh, don’t use white lithium grease squirters, either-that’ll gum up the lock.

I have to agree with you Rob, Scanias may well look the part, but they aren’t drivers truck, very far from it indeed. I’ve had a late reg Scania and it was total crap to drive. The wrap around dash is just too claustrophobic, and you need to be a dwarf or a jockey to get any real legroom in there. Nice looking truck, just shame no thought went into it from a drivers perpective.

Just look at this goon who thinks Scanias are the bees knees!

http://insider.trucknetuk.com/viewtopic.php?t=1112

Give me a DAF XF any day of the week. Nuff said. :laughing:

wrap aound dash colstrophobic :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: the daf has a more wrap around dash thena the scania and you definaitly feel closed in in the daf

AlexxInNY:
Don’t use WD-40 in the locks!!! It’s 95% kerosene, and will leave your tumblers dry in less than a week!! Always use lock lube, something with graphite. Oh, don’t use white lithium grease squirters, either-that’ll gum up the lock.

Our fitter told me the same… said the best thing to loosen a lock was rubbing a pencil on the key and then inserting it. A couple of times doing that loosens it nicely. He said that using the jet wash oh the doorlock area dried it out, hence the graphite.

allrighty:
I have to agree with you Rob, Scanias may well look the part, but they aren’t drivers truck, very far from it indeed. I’ve had a late reg Scania and it was total crap to drive. The wrap around dash is just too claustrophobic, and you need to be a dwarf or a jockey to get any real legroom in there. Nice looking truck, just shame no thought went into it from a drivers perpective.

Just look at this goon who thinks Scanias are the bees knees!

http://insider.trucknetuk.com/viewtopic.php?t=1112

Give me a DAF XF any day of the week. Nuff said. :laughing:

Thought exaclty the same as you when I received the Mag thru my front door! I thought he was talking about a different truck altogether , wonder how much Scania gave him to say such nice things…!Cos what hes said about them and their service never rang true with me!!!

If you hadn’t have said it was a Scania 4 series in your post Rob I would have recognised it as one from your description of the all to common faults