Rob K what is your problem with owner drivers?

I dont want this thread to turn into a big argument, so lets not all start slagging each other off

I am just wondering Rob, what is your problem with owner drivers or people considering becoming an owner driver.

Being as it had nothing to do with the other topic I thought I would make one just for you.

If you was an OD before and all went well why do you think it is such a terrible idea to start up?

Like I said you have all these opinions on it, but from what I have read you never give any reasons for it. Even when people say they are doing well you basically call them a liar.

I see it as a good thing that some people have the aspirations to achieve something, and I imagine that it is a good feeling for example I bet there has been a few times when Shuttlespanker has looked at his fleet and felt proud that he started it all of.

This has all been done to death before sooooooooooooo many times. Use the search function. Thread flagged for deletion.

Goaty:

and you can get off that one as well.

Come on rob wots your problem mate?

dafman28:
Come on rob wots your problem mate?

viewtopic.php?p=738516#p738516

Goaty:

:laughing: like it

I thought about asking what Rob Ks problem was but then I could’nt be arsed wasting time on a ■■■■■■ whose got no time for anybody bar himself but then he’ll probably be enjoying himself now were talking about him :confused: :confused: :confused:

CRISPY:
I thought about asking what Rob Ks problem was but then I could’nt be arsed wasting time on a [zb] whose got no time for anybody bar himself but then he’ll probably be enjoying himself now were talking about him :confused: :confused: :confused:

true :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

tread carefully here Guys, if this turns into a slanging match/personal attacks it will get locked (as requested )

The man himself is keeping rather quiet over this, maybe secretly he has got a fleet of his own motors and is scared that someone will take his mars bar away :wink:

Big Brummie Macca:
The man himself is keeping rather quiet over this, maybe secretly he has got a fleet of his own motors and is scared that someone will take his mars bar away :wink:

There is nothing new to discuss. Use the search function if you are that interested.

Discussion here over.

I see his plan

Put everyone off becoming owner drivers, then when there is a shortage of them…he’ll make mega money doing no work :grimacing: :grimacing:

I done a search all you ever say is rates are crap, anybody tells you different they are a liar then you spit your dum dum out and say discussion over :smiley:

CRISPY:
I thought about asking what Rob Ks problem was but then I could’nt be arsed wasting time on a [zb] whose got no time for anybody bar himself but then he’ll probably be enjoying himself now were talking about him :confused: :confused: :confused:

think this a perfect summary and seeing as robk is demanding the thread closed its would be a perfect way to end it.

Big Brummie Macca:
I dont want this thread to turn into a big argument, so lets not all start slagging each other off

I am just wondering Rob, what is your problem with owner drivers or people considering becoming an owner driver.

Being as it had nothing to do with the other topic I thought I would make one just for you.

If you was an OD before and all went well why do you think it is such a terrible idea to start up?

Like I said you have all these opinions on it, but from what I have read you never give any reasons for it. Even when people say they are doing well you basically call them a liar.

I see it as a good thing that some people have the aspirations to achieve something, and I imagine that it is a good feeling for example I bet there has been a few times when Shuttlespanker has looked at his fleet and felt proud that he started it all of.

macca he just says theres not as much money in it as some claim and there very reluctant to tell prople what they earn after there 1400 hundred a week ods will only make the same as a company driver maybe a little more as one said hes 500 pound a month better but hes to stand his own hoidays and such like so ive said it before will say it again i agree with rob but not how he puts it acoss :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

But is it all about the money, isnt there some satisfaction being your own boss.

Yes I know money is what makes a business work but in my opinion being your own boss can sort of compensate getting a few weeks paid holiday.

I think it is also possible to earn more than £500 a week, if you are getting things right and moving in the right direction. I’m sure there are few people earning more than 5 a week on here and if they are not they could be but are putting money into the business to build.

Yes its a challenge but you never get any where in life with out beating them challenges

Big Brummie Macca:
But is it all about the money, isnt there some satisfaction being your own boss.

Yes I know money is what makes a business work but in my opinion being your own boss can sort of compensate getting a few weeks paid holiday.

I think it is also possible to earn more than £500 a week, if you are getting things right and moving in the right direction. I’m sure there are few people earning more than 5 a week on here and if they are not they could be but are putting money into the business to build.

Yes its a challenge but you never get any where in life with out beating them challenges

Amen.

you could always prove him wrong big brummie macca.
make an excellent read,you seem to have the get up and go to meet the challenge :wink:

use a name:
you could always prove him wrong big brummie macca.
make an excellent read,you seem to have the get up and go to meet the challenge :wink:

It is something that I would like to do but it is a long long way off, I have only just got my class C so there is alot to learn, plus there is all the cpc stuff and financial issues of starting up so I am happy with working for someone walk before you can run I think is the saying. In the future I would love to might even call the book Rob K was wrong :laughing: :laughing: