Rob K admits it at last

Rob K:
Give me a Renault Premium any day over it :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: , even one with the factory standard rattling step.

NEWS FLASH.
HOLD THE FRONT PAGE.
Rob actually confesses to liking French trucks.

"In a shock move today, and in response to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75641 Robert K, a member of TruckNetUK, actually confessed online to liking the brand of truck, the Renault Premium after years of living in denial.

We tried to get an interview with him, but he was to busy having a ‘rant’ about the MAN brand from Germany."

Trevor McDodgy
News At Ten
CleckHuddersFax.

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Quinny:

Rob K:
Give me a Renault Premium any day over it :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: , even one with the factory standard rattling step.

NEWS FLASH.
HOLD THE FRONT PAGE.
Rob actually confesses to liking French trucks.

"In a shock move today, and in response to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75641 Robert K, a member of TruckNetUK, actually confessed online to liking the brand of truck, the Renault Premium after years of living in denial.

We tried to get an interview with him, but he was to busy having a ‘rant’ about the MAN brand from Germany."

Trevor McDodgy
News At Ten
CleckHuddersFax.

I knew you wouldn’t be far away with your tuppenceworth as soon as you’d seen that! :smiling_imp:

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Theres actually nothing wrong with the Renault Premium, its a Volvo engine, a Volvo chassis and a Volvo gearbox, admittedly theyve all been modified by Renault :wink:
However I will agree with Rob about the MAN gearbox, whilst Ive never driven a TGX I have driven the narrow cab TGA and if its the same gearbox as the TGA yes it is a pile of ■■■, likewise the DAF CF auto box…

DAF95XF:
Theres actually nothing wrong with the Renault Premium, its a Volvo engine, a Volvo chassis and a Volvo gearbox, admittedly theyve all been modified by Renault :wink:
However I will agree with Rob about the MAN gearbox, whilst Ive never driven a TGX I have driven the narrow cab TGA and if its the same gearbox as the TGA yes it is a pile of ■■■, likewise the DAF CF auto box…

Referring to the old Premium, not the Volvo driveline one (which I haven’t driven).

Rob K:

DAF95XF:

Referring to the old Premium, not the Volvo driveline one (which I haven’t driven).

Ah right, that one is a pile of â– â– â–  :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Renault are [zb]

lee mc67:
Renault are [zb]

quality post ,must have taken an age to think it up and type it :unamused:

Holy crap. The obligatory rattling step. Haven’t they sorted that out yet■■? Admittedly I haven’t driven for years, but I have driven loads of Premiums and actually liked them. Especially the single occupancy cab. It does give you plenty of room and at least you can stand up to put your trousers on in the morning. I found the handling and comfort very good. I have driven some terrible motors in my time, but the Renault wasn’t one of them.
In fact I have a confession to make. My favourite motor is the Magnum. Only got to spend a few weeks with one while I was working for an agency years ago. Bloody loved that. There you go. confession over :wink: