ROADWORKS

hello their had me licence about a year and a half now and on my 4th job i trunk all over UK and I’m starting to get annoyed with all these roadworks i think their are to many all at once and I manage each shift ok but want to find some good routes. My job is difficult as i don’t know where i will be going before shift and these roadwork guy’s just pop the cones out when they feel like it. Was going along the M1 and I think it’s been made dangerous by the narrow lanes especially when it is windy as I am pulling a heavy double deck. Is their any good alternative’s? I also have to stick to speed limits 40 single carriageway 50 dual and motorway balls out. I was heading A1 Northbound last week next thing they shut it M6 they shut a few junctions why? And the worst diversion ever in place it’s really making my shifts longer the A421 apparently they shut that as well the other week every road has got the cones out it’s ridiculous :imp:

Hello their too U two

Hi. Don’t understand your problem. Major roadworks are on the Highways Authority site. So why not check it before you start your journey? OK, it wont allow for delays for emergency works or accidents but it will help with everything else.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Can’t speak to a fella like that Pete. He’s nearly had his licence for a year :wink:

Drives it with stuff on and everythink

:blush: :blush:

Cant really advise as my crystal ball broke

animal:

Doubt it’s the first ball you’ve broken :wink:

NOVE:

animal:

Dont know what you mean :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good sweet little innocent me

animal:

NOVE:

animal:

Don’t you dare blow my fantasy to smithereens ■■

Not much you can do really, I think the M5 / M6 has more works on than not atm, lol, and they certainly make me squeak at times! Assuming you have a Truckers’ Map and/or a truck Sat Nav you could plan a couple of alternative routes before you go?

NOVE:

animal:

NOVE:

animal:

Don’t you dare blow my fantasy to smithereens ■■

+100