Roadworks speed limits

Dozy is right and proves my point there isn’t enough space. 3 vehicles side by side 2 being HGVs and all it takes is one of the 3 drivers to move left or right a little bit and your on or over the line. Speed limit should be going down or HGVs only in 1 lane

DickyNick:
Dozy is right and proves my point there isn’t enough space. 3 vehicles side by side 2 being HGVs and all it takes is one of the 3 drivers to move left or right a little bit and your on or over the line. Speed limit should be going down or HGVs only in 1 lane

Dozy ain’t right,.and proves ■■■■ all. :unamused:
99%■■ Seriously??
So him (and evidently you) are constantly dodging trucks who’s drivers are incapable of staying in their own lane,.(what a pair of trucking heroes :laughing: ) oh yeh I forgot, you get a reprieve after 99 trucks pass you and put you in danger, then 1 comes along who can drive in a straight line, so let’s change the rules of the road on your say so …what a pile of ■■■■■■■■. :laughing: :laughing:
Where exactly are you driving to experiece this??
Maybe on the odd occasion yes, but as much as 99%?..,
Even 50% is a gross exaggeration.

So, we have one who blows things into ridiculous proportions, backed up by a drama queen. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Meanwhile in Realworld,…The limits will change, frustration will be eased, traffic will flow more free, but unfortunately interspersed with maybe one or two type of d/heads that dozy mentions, that you invariably get in any traffic situation.
#waitandsee.

DickyNick:

Muppet

robroy:

DickyNick:

Dozy ain’t right,.and proves [zb] all. :unamused:
99%■■ Seriously??
So him (and evidently you) are constantly dodging trucks who’s drivers are incapable of staying in their own lane,.(what a pair of trucking heroes :laughing: ) oh yeh I forgot, you get a reprieve after 99 trucks pass you and put you in danger, then 1 comes along who can drive in a straight line, so let’s change the rules of the road on your say so …what a pile of ■■■■■■■■. :laughing: :laughing:
Where exactly are you driving to experiece this??
Maybe on the odd occasion yes, but as much as 99%?..,
Even 50% is a gross exaggeration.

So, we have one who blows things into ridiculous proportions, backed up by a drama queen. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Meanwhile in Realworld,…The limits will change, frustration will be eased, traffic will flow more free, but unfortunately interspersed with maybe one or two type of d/heads that dozy mentions, that you invariably get in any traffic situation.
#waitandsee.

Frustration won’t be eased though and I’ll explain why.

New speed limit is 60mph. You will have 2 trucks doing 56mph in lanes 1 and 2 as indicated by their instruments. In reality their speeds might be 55.2mph and 55.7mph. You’ll then have cars in lane 3 doing 60mph as indicated by their vehicle but in reality doing 56mph and will be scared to accelerate due to average speed cameras. Therefore it’s no different to all lanes doing 50mph. Still 3 lanes of traffic taking miles to pass each other, just all going slightly faster so the accident will be worse when it happens.

Wod you accept what happens here

Speed limit normally is 130 kph, in roadworks its reduced to 110
But HGVs are not allowed to overtake.
It works well and everything moves without any problems
No tailgating lorries, cars can get on with their journey

On contraflow, if there’s more than 1 lane in each direction again HGVs in onevlane
And the speed limit is reduced to. 80kph,
Like on a standard normal road

pierrot 14:
Wod you accept what happens here

Speed limit normally is 130 kph, in roadworks its reduced to 110
But HGVs are not allowed to overtake.
It works well and everything moves without any problems
No tailgating lorries, cars can get on with their journey

On contraflow, if there’s more than 1 lane in each direction again HGVs in onevlane
And the speed limit is reduced to. 80kph,
Like on a standard normal road

It sounds like a great idea but don’t think it would work in the uk because British tipper and parcel drivers and double decker night trunk drivers are too impatient to sit in lane 1 and would ignore the no overtaking rule.

New speed limit is 60mph. You will have 2 trucks doing 56mph in lanes 1 and 2 as indicated by their instruments. In reality their speeds might be 55.2mph and 55.7mph. You’ll then have cars in lane 3 doing 60mph as indicated by their vehicle but in reality doing 56mph and will be scared to accelerate due to average speed cameras. Therefore it’s no different to all lanes doing 50mph. Still 3 lanes of traffic taking miles to pass each other, just all going slightly faster so the accident will be worse when it happens.

You may just be right there! Still most will be happy at being able to go a little faster. They don’t generally like being restricted. They have trouble contolling themselves. :wink:

jakethesnake:

You may just be right there! Still most will be happy at being able to go a little faster. They don’t generally like being restricted. They have trouble contolling themselves. :wink:

And what is wrong with going a little faster exactly Jake if the conditions dictate that it’s safe, or are you one of these types (a bit like your mate Dicky/Rowley evidently) who subscribes to the theory that if ‘‘they’’ (ie. ANY organisation, or body of authority) says something, then it MUST be true/obeyed.
Such as ‘Speed Kills’ which is bollo,… it’s inappropriate speed that kills. :bulb:

Oh yeah,.and that using a hand held phone is the ultimate carnage producer, and is one step below paedophilia…but that’s another argument for another day.
(Unless we’ve had it already, and I’ve forgotten) :smiley:

Works well enough,on the m1.

commonrail:

Of course it does, but don’t let the evidence get in the way of a good ■■■■■ twisted knee jerk reaction. All the more so when it comes from people who don’t actually drive trucks!

the maoster:

commonrail:

Of course it does, but don’t let the evidence get in the way of a good ■■■■■ twisted knee jerk reaction. All the more so when it comes from people who don’t actually drive trucks!

C’mon man if both dozy AND Dicky says it’s wrong…then it’s wrong. :neutral_face:
:laughing:

robroy:

jakethesnake:

And what is wrong with going a little faster exactly Jake if the conditions dictate that it’s safe, or are you one of these types (a bit like your mate Dicky/Rowley evidently) who subscribes to the theory that if ‘‘they’’ (ie. ANY organisation, or body of authority) says something, then it MUST be true/obeyed.
Such as ‘Speed Kills’ which is bollo,… it’s inappropriate speed that kills. :bulb:

Oh yeah,.and that using a hand held phone is the ultimate carnage producer, and is one step below paedophilia…but that’s another argument for another day.

Speed most certainly does kill. But where a lot of people get mixed up is that speed is rarely If ever the cause of an accident. The cause of an accident is usually an error in judgment, a genuine human mistake, or someone being reckless/doing something utterly stupid. Speed then determines the severity of the accident and ultimately whether it’s fatal or not.

DickyNick:

robroy:

jakethesnake:

Speed most certainly does kill. But where a lot of people get mixed up is that speed is rarely If ever the cause of an accident. The cause of an accident is usually an error in judgment, a genuine human mistake, or someone being reckless/doing something utterly stupid. Speed then determines the severity of the accident and ultimately whether it’s fatal or not.

You can apply that argument to any ■■■■ thing on this planet.
As I said, INNAPROPRIATE speed can kill, and as you say if and when, things could go wrong…in a paraphrasing type way.
By your argument…Crossing the road can also kill as a rule of thumb, rather than unforseen circumstances and if/when mistakes occur.

You know mate, rather than back pedal and cloud the argument with smoke and mirrors, maybe easier just to say you agree with me,.and that your initial statement was a bit general and open to contradiction…it ain’t difficult you know, and nobody will think any less of you for it… :bulb: :smiley:

robroy:

DickyNick:

robroy:

jakethesnake:

You can apply that argument to any [zb] thing on this planet.
As I said, INNAPROPRIATE speed can kill, and as you say if and when, things could go wrong…in a paraphrasing type way.
By your argument…Crossing the road can also kill as a rule of thumb, rather than unforseen circumstances and if/when mistakes occur.

You know mate, rather than back pedal and cloud the argument with smoke and mirrors, maybe easier just to say you agree with me,.and that your initial statement was a bit general and open to contradiction…it ain’t difficult you know, and nobody will think any less of you… :bulb: :smiley:

But I’m not agreeing with you.

You said speed kills is a load of ■■■■■■■■.

When it isn’t. Speed does kill. The thing that is a load of ■■■■■■■■ is speed causes accidents because speed is rarely the cause of an accident.

robroy:

jakethesnake:

The problem is far too many don’t know when it is safe and when it’s not and that is why we have speed limits because we as drivers are seemingly not capable of judging these things.
You only need to see the brain dead morons a few feet from cars back bumpers to realise that. We are talking about roadworks in this case so in general probably better to stick to the limit
unless there is nothing else on the road. Personally I can’t be arsed to break the limit to save next to nothing at the end of my journey but as I said some arn’t happy unless they are flat out day and night.

You never know one of these days tipper drivers might realise they actually save next to nothing