Roadworks speed limits..... is it just me?

I dont see any reason at all for breakdown recovery vehicles, pilot cars, RAC or AA patrols or HATO to use orange light bars and flashing beacons when they are travelling at normal speed on the highways.

Ok it is fine for slow cranes or heavy haulage trucks as well as those that are physically larger, wider or heavier than a normal sized vehicle to continue to use the lamps.

When you arrive at an incident in a normal vehicle, flick the light on to dive onto the hard shoulder to investigate or fix a problem.

If every motorway maintenance vehicle, road sweeper, is allowed to abuse these lights, then we need to start fitting them on Tesco and ASDA vehicles too as they often create more danger, by driving slowly

Stupot:
The French have the best idea of setting the roadworks speed at 90kmh thus not slowing the trucks just the numpty car drivers

That’s a bloody good idea.

I bet the french have propper speed cameras. Instead of the British average ones. :laughing:

If the RHA, or FTA read this then they could make themselves look good by putting this to the relevent authorities instead of getting sore arses by sitting on the fence. :unamused:

limeyphil:

Stupot:
The French have the best idea of setting the roadworks speed at 90kmh thus not slowing the trucks just the numpty car drivers

I bet the french have propper speed cameras. Instead of the British average ones. :laughing:

What like the fixed ones at the side of the road then that we already have:idea:

Did you miss the joke Greg? :wink:

Greg:
What like the fixed ones at the side of the road then that we already have:idea:

Nope, i cant work this out!

I sent it to Bletchley park to see if they can work it out on their Enigma machine! :unamused:

The connection has timed out :smiling_imp:

Wheel Nut:
If every motorway maintenance vehicle, road sweeper, is allowed to abuse these lights, then we need to start fitting them on Tesco and ASDA vehicles too as they often create more danger, by driving slowly

You can usually tell first thing in a morning when its just the trucks on the road, theres a tesco or something in the way as its a mass convoy of lorrys darting to the middle lane all of a sudden :laughing:

Im glad its not just me though looking that the replies, phew! :smiley: Although today there was some nice car drivers doing a steady 50, and we were all plodding on tidily (sp?)

I like the sound of the french system though, but they get the “random” truck driver that slows down still?