ROADWARS!

switchlogic:

robroy:
Totally unrelated to your o/p Luke, but did I pass you at Avonmouth last Thurs am, on your way towards Severn Beach in a White’s Volvo?

Quite possibly, I’ve a memory like a sieve when it comes to where I’ve been and when. I vaguely remember being in Avonmouth at some point last week

And again totally unrelated to the o/p Luke but there’s a rather nice looking young lady I see a lot driving your old Bull’s FH 16, she landed on her feet when you left.

bald bloke:

switchlogic:

robroy:
Totally unrelated to your o/p Luke, but did I pass you at Avonmouth last Thurs am, on your way towards Severn Beach in a White’s Volvo?

Quite possibly, I’ve a memory like a sieve when it comes to where I’ve been and when. I vaguely remember being in Avonmouth at some point last week

And again totally unrelated to the o/p Luke but there’s a rather nice looking young lady I see a lot driving your old Bull’s FH 16, she landed on her feet when you left.

Good luck to her, she sure did. Great truck, good employer but my god that Tesco work is boring! Not even a 750 could make it interesting for me. Suits many tho, we’re all different.

switchlogic:

bald bloke:

Good luck to her, she sure did. Great truck, good employer but my god that Tesco work is boring! Not even a 750 could make it interesting for me. Suits many tho, we’re all different.

It would not be for me either. Some spend their entire driving career in such jobs which would do my swede in after a month.

Again…off topic. :smiley:
I got slated by a certain member on here on a thread that was questioning the competence of foreign drivers on foreign trucks (yawn) , when I asked how this type of driver on a 100 mile radius type career, doing Tesco and the like, was even qualified to make a judgement on these drivers, who had came through numerous countries to get here, and manage to find a back street in East London for eg.

Wildy:
According to the article: ‘he beats him mercillesly.’
Long live sensationalism.

Classic bit of Daily mail journalism, the way its written makes me wonder if they got the sports department to do it. Although they have failed as they haven’t said he was driving a 50tonne killer truck.

But my main concern about this thread is finding out that Switchlogic reads the Mailonline :open_mouth:

muckles:

Wildy:
According to the article: ‘he beats him mercillesly.’
Long live sensationalism.

Daily mail - journalism

There’s an oxymoron if ever I heard one! :laughing:

People are just angry in general…It is not good and not getting any better.

att:

Of course they are; most people are sheep with the rare wolf thrown in for good measure. The sheep follow the flock and believe all the misinformation they’re fed daily by the MSM/social media etc. Therefore they know that in order to be truly fulfilled they simply must have the new I phone/I pad/ latest exotic holiday/ newest 4x4 etc and it makes them angry that although their credit cards let them fund this lifestyle they find that crippling repayments deny them any time to enjoy their toys.

Most of all their angry because their lives despite the toys does not resemble the perfect lives they see daily in OK magazine et al.

the maoster:

att:

Of course they are; most people are sheep with the rare wolf thrown in for good measure. The sheep follow the flock and believe all the misinformation they’re fed daily by the MSM/social media etc. Therefore they know that in order to be truly fulfilled they simply must have the new I phone/I pad/ latest exotic holiday/ newest 4x4 etc and it makes them angry that although their credit cards let them fund this lifestyle they find that crippling repayments deny them any time to enjoy their toys.

Most of all their angry because their lives despite the toys does not resemble the perfect lives they see daily in OK magazine et al.

Bingo, hammer square on the head of that nail.

They also, in the words of my Geordie mate, don’t know which pot to ■■■■ in any more.
Working class people but somehow convinced they are really middle class, and should therefore ape a celebrity lifestyle.

Handbags at dawn.

muckles:

But my main concern about this thread is finding out that Switchlogic reads the Mailonline :open_mouth:

I don’t, Bertie does, he directed me to the story.

The pair of 'em fight like girls don’t they.

Fair play to the wagon driver these car drivers treat us like ■■■■ every day. The only reason I don’t do this sort of thing on a daily basis is down to the fact that you don’t know who’s carrying a knife or anything. Certainly not on a moral high ground basis lol. Plus it would mean getting my fat arse of my seat :laughing:

At least the trucker didn’t pick on a weak looking fella no need to use a belt either.

The Maoster wrote the best post ever, correct in people and their obsession with materialism, trying to be happy with tat they buy off a container from Taiwan .
They are too thick to realise, that the tat they buy has a huge mark up when it arrives in the U.K. .
Media and advertising has brain washed us to a world that doesn’t exist .
Tv adverts for new cars that show empty roads .
Holiday adverts with an empty beach or pool.
Switchlogic blames Bertie, poor Bertie.
BBC, blame the Bertie club .
In the fight footage, do they back down when they realise there is cctv on the top deck of the bus ?