Roadtransport.com /jobs

Look on any job site and 99% of the jobs are through agencies - Jobs that probably don’t exist.

Through the TruckNet Uk pages, why not build a Name & Shame profile page of all agencies throughout the country. Their good side (if any), their regularity of work, hourly wage, etc. etc.

westway cruiser:
Look on any job site and 99% of the jobs are through agencies - Jobs that probably don’t exist.

Through the TruckNet Uk pages, why not build a Name & Shame profile page of all agencies throughout the country. Their good side (if any), their regularity of work, hourly wage, etc. etc.

I’m not sure that this would serve any useful purpose, because most agencies have to do some kind of ‘available driver list filling’ exercise now and again, especially if they take on a new contract.

Whilst agencies aren’t always known for their candour (see how politely I’ve said that :wink: ) it’s fair to say that some drivers wouldn’t be telling the whole story either!

Doing a name and shame thing is unfair, because there are two sides to every story. There’s absolutely no way of verifying either side of any story, so IMHO the people who would benefit most are probably the legal profession.

:bulb: To be fair though, you have dug up a four year old post, and some things have changed since it was discussed.

just been looking at this and there all fake agy jobs that dont really exist only on paper, so why is this site endorsing this as they well know what most of us think about agy, where are the real job vacancys that actually are there, why cant someone start a site that has these and no agy. :exclamation:

Here’s my conspiracy, the jobs are advertised by the agencies to-
A) Recruit drivers, so they’ve always got a bod for a job, they don’t care if you need more than one day a week.

B) The constant advertising of non existent jobs creates an illusion of a driver shortage, thus sucking in more unsuspecting people, miserable in their current jobs, to blow life savings on a licence to register with said agencies :imp:

OVLOV JAY:
Here’s my conspiracy, the jobs are advertised by the agencies to-
A) Recruit drivers, so they’ve always got a bod for a job, they don’t care if you need more than one day a week.

B) The constant advertising of non existent jobs creates an illusion of a driver shortage, thus sucking in more unsuspecting people, miserable in their current jobs, to blow life savings on a licence to register with said agencies :imp:

I have often wondered if unscrupulous trainers and not so blue chip hauliers advertise these “vacancies” that purports the driver shortage myth.

After all how much would a full page national advert for a driving school cost? in comparison to a Job Centre Plus advert, both methods put bums on well worn seats!

And just to remind people who fancy a career change, there isn’t a driver shortage, there are far too many drivers and lorries as it is.

Unlike the job centre, placing a vacancy on RT.com costs money. We here have no way of verifying that any job advertised is genuine,having neither the time, resources or ability to check each one. but it would seem a bit silly to pay money for something that doesnt exist.

If they are “ghost” jobs then at least they are helping us to pay the bills and getting little reward for their outlay I do know that there are real jobs on RT.com as an ex owner driver friend of mine who does occassionaly use these forums was offered a depot managers job last week after applying via RT.com

Enough said, why the ZB would anyone waste their time working for them.
They advertise for work at Felixstowe usually supplying Elite Transport, but the wages of £6.45 and £8.90 after 10 hours always puts me off for some reason :exclamation:
Whenever i see that logo i always suffer from immediate and uncontrollable projectile vomiting :exclamation:

Rikki-UK:
Unlike the job centre, placing a vacancy on RT.com costs money. We here have no way of verifying that any job advertised is genuine,having neither the time, resources or ability to check each one. but it would seem a bit silly to pay money for something that doesnt exist.

If they are “ghost” jobs then at least they are helping us to pay the bills and getting little reward for their outlay I do know that there are real jobs on RT.com as an ex owner driver friend of mine who does occassionaly use these forums was offered a depot managers job last week after applying via RT.com

Take it from an experienced agency bod Rikki, it happens ALL THE TIME! What they’re paying for by advertising non-existent work is information that they can use at some point in the future and that information is a new batch of names they can add to they’re list of people to call when they do have work. It’s a chicken and egg situation!

I have to agree with 44 Tonne Ton here.

I’ll add that some agencies have operated the way he mentioned for at least 10 years that I know of.

It would be unfair to tar all agencies with the same brush, but I particularly dislike the kind of agency that pulls a stunt just to get some names in their book. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

I understand some of it, but why are all
Jobs mostly manpower out of all uk, surely
There would be other employers but there ain’t,
So to me that proves it, it’s all bull, agys ■■■■!

dieseldave:
I have to agree with 44 Tonne Ton here.

I’ll add that some agencies have operated the way he mentioned for at least 10 years that I know of.

It would be unfair to tar all agencies with the same brush, but I particularly dislike the kind of agency that pulls a stunt just to get some names in their book. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Perhaps not all DD but certainly the VAST majority. And Manpower are CERTAINLY at it as I rang them this morning about “a job” they were advertising that came to me in an email. The Grays office knew nothing about the advertised job which they were supposed to be handling! But as long as they keep paying their advertising bill I doubt RT.com really give a monkeys about them wasting drivers time and petrol!

Rikki-UK:

Jobs page:
Online price: £199 (rate card price: £350)

Is this per advert, or for as many adverts as you like (& over what period)? And what’s a rate card price?

44 Tonne Ton:
Take it from an experienced agency bod Rikki, it happens ALL THE TIME! What they’re paying for by advertising non-existent work is information that they can use at some point in the future and that information is a new batch of names they can add to they’re list of people to call when they do have work. It’s a chicken and egg situation!

Although I am not in the driver job market at present. I still keep my finger on the pulse and check the jobsites and press.

It is quite simple to spot the non jobs by the advert, and the fact that the same job is advertised by a dozen agencies. I suppose it is like these hard to shift houses that have 3 estate agent signs in the garden.

Problem solved! If there are 11,000 driving jobs going, and 11,000 forces personnel being made redundent, just give them all HGV licences! All those pilots, aircrft engineers, navigators etc, we could also do away with the CPC because they would all be so well educated!

Rob K:

Rikki-UK:

Jobs page:
Online price: £199 (rate card price: £350)

Is this per advert, or for as many adverts as you like (& over what period)? And what’s a rate card price?

BUMP.

Ask the sales team Rob, its their area of expertise not mine :wink: