Roadtrain in Essex?

Has anyone ever used Roadtrain in essex for any training ?

They are listed here in ROG’s mega helpful post for newbies.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44667

So somewhere down the line people on here have used and recommended them as being good.

They are DSA Accredited - which few trainers are.

But Flair at Chelmsford is a DSA Reg instructor and is well respected on here.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I trained with their sister company, now Roadtrain in Letchworth.

We used the reversing area in Thurrock for practice.

Obviously they were different instructors, but the Thurrock facilities were good.

And the reversing practice must have helped, as I passed my article test first time.

Hope that helps. Good luck with your training and enjoy it!

HI,

Have used Roadtrain twice now, once for my class 2 in 2008 which my company paid for and then booked my class 1 in March of this year.

Passed both test first time and couldn’t recommend this company enough.

Had a trail drive with another company and also Roadtrain before I made my decision but Roadtrain was the company that I wanted to use and was pleased.

I tried to contact Roadtrain for some info prior to booking training, first by phone then via their website, no answer or reply to either. I went elsewhere…

If I were you I’d book assessments with Roadtrain and Flair. Compare attitudes, vehicles etc and make your decision.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

PS if you don’t like either, I do a very nice residential course! :blush: :blush:

Once I am sorted on provisional licence I will pay them a visit, they are quite far away from me but I like the idea they are DSA accredited and you can use full size artic (16.5m if im correct) and have your test where you were practising. Hopefully someone will post something about them on here if not as soon as I get there ill share my opinion.

Blacov89:
Once I am sorted on provisional licence I will pay them a visit, they are quite far away from me but I like the idea they are DSA accredited and you can use full size artic (16.5m if im correct) and have your test where you were practising. Hopefully someone will post something about them on here if not as soon as I get there ill share my opinion.

Don’t just stop with those. Pay Peter Smythe a visit if you are traveling. I past with his school, the staff are top notch there. The kit is also quality as well, the artic is a little old but everything else is pretty much new. Don’t think that you must use a local school, the test and everything costs a lot of money so you want to be dam sure you picked the right school to learn with. I would personally spend a few weeks trying lots of schools that are recommended on here for assessment drives.

I passed my class 2 about 2 years ago with them and I’m really happy with them as they didn’t push me for signing up after assessment like some others did.
Plus they let you practice reversing couple of times in the end of each session if there are no tests being done.
have booked my class1 with them and can’t wait.
good luck

Don’t just stop with those. Pay Peter Smythe a visit if you are traveling. I past with his school, the staff are top notch there. The kit is also quality as well, the artic is a little old but everything else is pretty much new. Don’t think that you must use a local school, the test and everything costs a lot of money so you want to be dam sure you picked the right school to learn with. I would personally spend a few weeks trying lots of schools that are recommended on here for assessment drives.

It’s true that folks come from all over the UK to our Mansfield centre. Thanks for the kind comments about the staff and the trucks. The artic is an 08 which is a lot newer than many trainers have - and is due for replacement with a new one anytime. It was an experiment and, now it’s proven, we’ll be sorting out a replacement. In the meantime, it’s a great truck which everyone seems to love.

By all means, come and have a look around and a trial drive.

Pete :laughing: :laughing: