Roadside Cafes

Head for the Landguard outgate and look to your right. :wink:

Lucy, you mean the place where you go with the shipping notes ? Where is it in there ? (if it IS in there).

Brgds

Speedy

No…Head as if you’re going onto the terminal, then instead of joining the queue to go under the canopy, keep going. It’s the next thing you come to on your right. :sunglasses:

How about what used to be Jane’s off the A1 at Bawtry, Grahams off the M5 at N.Petherton (i think), the cafe at Gt.Blakenham just off the A14 nr Claydon, the bungalow at Marks Tey, Colchester, yorkies just west of BSE on the 14, the cafe at BSE lorry park… stop me when i get boring…

Barton Lorry park on the A1 at the next junction north of Scotch Corner

Snack Bar in layby on the A66 just after Scotch corner - cracking burgers.

Penrith and Carlisle BP Truckstops.

Redbeck at Howden used to be good but the new managment use 50pence per tonne sausages and bacon now :frowning:

Watling St truckstop just of J9 M1.

The one off J13 M1.

June 2003 edition of T&D had a free UK Truckstop Guide and is still available as a back issue.

Hey Dave, What was the Transport Cafe we stopped at when we did the Stralis test?, I thought that was a pretty good place…■■■■ good Burgers, egg, beans & chips. Buuurppp! :blush:

Chartwell drive Wigston Leicester, just in front of Cromwell Tools.

Gelders Hall Road J23 M1 - cracking cheeseburger with mushrooms.

Centurion Way Meridian Buisness Park Leicester. Just past/before the dread Makro :angry: .

thanks, guys, for all the banter and the info!!. i only get chance to go on-line once a week . have you tried the Halfway House on the A5 at Kilsby near DIRFT.? they do good grub as well!!