Road worker camera vans

Is this new, I saw a fleet of vans that have Highway Maintenance written on the back, a private firm name on the side.
In the rear window is a camera which is set up at road works, the evidence is passed on the police who deal with it ?

I hope they’re not looking for any evidence of any actual work going on though because they’ll be sorely disappointed…

It was in the pipeline that all Highways England Incident Support Units and Traffic Management trucks will have CCTV fitted due to the number of near misses, abuse and physical attacks on roadworkers. All these vehicles are contractors, such as Kier, Amey, Connect+ etc.

extrucker:
It was in the pipeline that all Highways England Incident Support Units and Traffic Management trucks will have CCTV fitted due to the number of near misses, abuse and physical attacks on roadworkers. All these vehicles are contractors, such as Kier, Amey, Connect+ etc.

Not Corrilion , then :smiley:

One of their uses is to record drivers who ignore closed lanes and roar right up to the cones before getting into the correct lane. Some drivers still do not realise that ignoring red X lane closures is an offence. They will send the footage to the Police to prosecute the driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lee1976:
One of their uses is to record drivers who ignore closed lanes and roar right up to the cones before getting into the correct lane. Some drivers still do not realise that ignoring red X lane closures is an offence. They will send the footage to the Police to prosecute the driver.

Good

Why do car drivers have the " Got to get in front of that coach or truck " mentality ?
You know the score , one or more lanes shut, with ample warning of the event.
Then you get rep man in his silver or black Audi or Bmw that will steam it to beat the queue, and jump in front with inches to spare.
With his weeks worth of neatly pressed jackets and shirt hanging off a hook in the back seat, that is so 80,s , do they not know how naff he looks.
I don’t want to see rep man’s Thomas the tank engine stripey socks and Lego collection for lonely nights in the Travelodge .

bobbya:

Lee1976:

Good

Seconded.

Merge like a zip, that’s all you (they) need to do :slight_smile:

I always thought they were blagging so drivers would ■■■■ themselves and slow down, much like the motorcyclists who wear hi viz’s that read POLITE notice with chequered striping.

ezydriver:
I always thought they were blagging so drivers would [zb] themselves and slow down, much like the motorcyclists who wear hi viz’s that read POLITE notice with chequered striping.

I really don’t know how they get away with that stunt…

All traffic officer patrol cars are now fitted with front and rear facing CCTV cameras to catch evidence of rolling block/closure breaches etc.

toby1234abc:
Why do car drivers have the " Got to get in front of that coach or truck " mentality ?
You know the score , one or more lanes shut, with ample warning of the event.
Then you get rep man in his silver or black Audi or Bmw that will steam it to beat the queue, and jump in front with inches to spare.

I never understand it because they just get stuck behind another lorry or a bus a few yards up the road anyway. Most of the time they’ll get stuck in the queue of traffic all stuck behind someone doing 10-15mph under the temporary speed limit.