Road tax prices

Hello there.

Can anyone tell me the current Road fund prices for an eight wheel 32 ton per year and a six wheel 26 ton and how much more do you get of the costs if they have got a Reduced Pollution Certicate.

Many thanks.

Trickydicky

have a registration number and a vehicle make, the link will tell you how much each type of tax is

taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPor … le+Enquiry

direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Ow … G_10012715

sorry, forgot to mention the RPC

don’t know about the discounts on a 6 or 8 wheeler, but on a tractor unit, the discount is £500 per year with RPC

shuttlespanker:

don’t know about the discounts on a 6 or 8 wheeler, but on a tractor unit, the discount is £500 per year with RPC

What is actually involved to get a RPC? What do you have to do to the vehicle cost etc.

Trickydicky

Tricky Dicky:

shuttlespanker:

What is actually involved to get a RPC? What do you have to do to the vehicle cost etc.

Trickydicky

businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/ac … 1082004445

Hi i’ve no idea for an eight wheeler, but six is

£650ish no rpc
£250ish with rpc

I’ll admit to being totally ignorant about this but the last co I worked for had Daf cf 350’s 4x2 tractors taxed at £165 (ish)
apparently due to downrating GVW to 28 tonnes and having Euro5 engines.
Cheesed off as it is less than my Disco!

So if a lorry states that it has euro 3 engine does that help ■■ Is it the same sort of thing as a RPC ■■

Trickyd

Tricky Dicky:
So if a lorry states that it has euro 3 engine does that help ■■ Is it the same sort of thing as a RPC ■■

Trickyd

No, the original RPC was only on vehicles between 1999 and 2001 IIRC, but the latest Euro5 vehicles, providing that they have the latest telematics that cut the power if all criteria are not met (such as AdBlue) come with RPC

if you buy an older vehicle that has got (or had) RPC, make sure you get the certificate, if it has expired, as long as you have the last known RPC certificate, you can renew it, but without the certificate, you will not be able to renew :wink:

IIRC the euro 3.4,5 etc only applied for the last few years.
before then it was just down to downrating the GVW.
I imagine that ANY vehicle would get reduced taxation if downrated but those with euro 4/5 (I think) get some extra knocked off.
but I stress that i am far from certain on this.

Tricky Dicky:

To qualify for RPC with older vehicles this means fitting a particulate trap usually at a cost of around £400. However, be warned; the cost of the particulate traps can be more than the tax reduction you recieve with the RPC certificate!

Thankfully you’re not taxing it here in Ireland otherwise you’d be looking at 3195euro for your 32t. That’s what mine is costing me for the next 12mths. Threre’ll be no Santa this year.